Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Hot Cam ??

1996 LT4 Topic

LannyL81

Corvette
81 White/Cinnabar, 96 CE LT4 sil/blk
If one were to install the LT4 Hot Cam, what else has to be replaced to go with this cam? Springs? Roller lifters?, etc??

Thanks,
LannyL81

Just the timing chain needs to be upgraded to the extream duty chain you also may want to change the springs.

soggytaco said:
Just the timing chain needs to be upgraded to the extream duty chain you also may want to change the springs.
I agree

I have been wondering if changing the cam would make ecm start throwing codes.Anyone have any input here? thanks Kevin.

Kevin Doyle said:
I have been wondering if changing the cam would make ecm start throwing codes.Anyone have any input here? thanks Kevin.
To get maximum performance from a new cam you should have them burn you a new chip.

soggytaco said:
To get maximum performance from a new cam you should have them burn you a new chip.

No "chip" to burn on a '96 - pcm must be re-tuned. A hotcammed car can be driven w/ the stock tune (and will run well) but to get the most out of the HC, a re-tune is the way to go.

A common code to see on a hotcammed/untuned car is the PO300 (Random Misfire Code).

I have done some tuning but the only really necessary change to not throw codes is raise the idle ignition advance. That should work. It has for me. I used the old Ed Wright programming for the LT4 Hot Cam and found I lost some HP but the dyno pull with his program was a couple of years later so it may not be his programming at all. Still, I went back to stock with the above mentioned change plus things like fan temps, rpm limiter, cags...etc.....
I am also getting better gas mileage once again...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom