Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 intake

1996 LT4 Topic
G

gt306

Is there HP to be gained on a stock Lt1 by using the LT4 intake? If so, what else would I need for the conversion?

I believe you will aslo need the heads, and valve covers.
i did this mod to another car. LT4 intake heads, 1.6 RR, LPE cam, HD timing chain, valve covers, and a recal ECM. chevy dealer now has a LT4 kit for about 3K.
tom

You can put a LT4 intake on a stock LT1 without having the other mods. When you add the LT4 intake with the mods that silver 80 posted you will see a huge increase in hp and tq. The LT4 intake will fit, but the ports will not line up correctly, so you will most likely lose hp and tq due to a bad flow.

Thanks

My '94 is bone stock. I was just trying to get some more power out of her without ripping into the egine to much.. Really not much out there for performance parts like my old 88 mustang...

Are you kidding me! There are tons of parts out there. Granted there are not as many as for a Mustang, but the Mustangs need more help than a Vette does.:D If you put a new air intake, 1.6 roller rockers, 52mm Throttle Body, headers and some exhaust you will see an increase. These are all simple bolt ons. If you have an auto, I would go with 3.73 gears, shift kit and a 2400-2800TC. Heads are easy to put on also. If you want the LT4 intake, I would get some LT4 heads also. I pretty much did the kit that Silver 80 posted about and I had a 100hp and 80tq increase. I used a hotcam instead of the LPE cam though. I have outrun a ZO6. It was close and the guy was not the best driver, but I am going to claim it dammit. The last time I went to the track I pulled a 12.5@111 with an auto.

simple mods

...Try the 1.6 roller rockers (I got 11 hp, dyno proven), and
the coolant bypass (costs 5 bucks if you do it yourself), and
open up the air box (cut the lid, but in a K/N).

I think the 52mm TB won't help until you port the heads.

Exhaust helps, but it will be loud under acceleration, and will
resonate in the coupe.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom