Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Put to Bed for the Season

1996 LT4 Topic

Binkybubba

Corvette
1996 LT4, Coupe, Arctic White
Saturday I took her out for one last date and a wash to end the season. I think she appreciated it. Gave her a serving of fresh fuel stabilizer to calm her and assured her I would still vist her periodically over the next few months. Then I gently put on her pajama's and tucked her in with a gentle caress. Until we share our love of the road again in April or May. I told her I might wake her up to celebrate new years and install a maintenance charger, her plenum blushed red at the thought. And with that I turned out the light and blew her a kiss and went up stairs to devote the next 5 months to my wife.

Cheers n tears, :beer

Bummer - I'd hate ta have ta put mine away for winter!

:w

cb6dfa80.gif

:lou

Attachments

• IMG_0054 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0054 (Medium).JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
What is this "put away for winter" thing you speak of?

All of my Vettes were purchased new.

'92 Bright Red Coupe: 11/91 to 06/94 52,000 miles

'94 Torch Red Coupe: 06/94 to 04/96 34,000 miles

'96 CE Coupe w/LT4: 04/96 to ??? 132,000 miles

???

???

How do your Corvettes handle the Chicago snow and ice?! :D

Elaine

I have lived in Chicago all of my life.

Snow: Snow plows are used to clear all the streets after a snowfall.
Ice: Salt is used to melt any snow or ice on the streets.

Underbody/chassis wash: Used to clean underbody of Vette.

The bottom of my Vette is as clean today as the day I took delivery.

Contrary to popular belief, Vettes do not melt if left out in the rain. They do not self-destruct if driven in snow. (See gmjunkie's post above!)

As far as handling, my '92 had Acceleration Slip Regulation (Traction Control) as standard equipment for the first year in Corvettes. Really works beautifully! The Bosch Anti-lock Brake System is second to none.

I never have trouble driving my Vettes during the winter. I do worry more about other drivers and their lack of good judgment and/or driving skills. I always drive my Vettes carefully no matter the season or conditions.

I also was told the weather warms up here by May every year. Sometimes several months earlier. Have to admit, this is also true!

While driving your Vette in inclement weather, please be sure to be careful. :w

Last edited:

???

My 96 is at 75000 miles, I got her at around 73 this past year. My first. I like to keep things as clean as possible but still enjoy the road. Not to many LT4's around here either, none in my Vette club at all so I am bit over protective. I do like to show it so cleanliness is key. Not to mention minimal body work. We dont really get any snow here. Maybe for one or two weeks, mostly rain mixed with a bit rain. The Wet coast. It's the other drivers I dont trust. T
here are plenty Vettes, typically C5 or 6 running all year and that's fine. Why not have a daily driver as such. If I had a spare C5 I would drive it all year but my 96 is all I've got so far and I like to think it is becoming collectable.
It's great you are able to enjoy your ride all year, more power to you. I am indeed envious.

Cheers, :beer

I will drive

I will drive mine all winter. I wont take it out in the snow should we get any. I just don't trust other drivers they wreck to much. They wreck to much in the rain too. I do have another Chevy to drive in bad weather so I can save my Corvette the bad weather most of the time

FYI I freakin love the color of your 96! Awsome looking Vette. I've also considered the same rims. Are they from the CE or 93 or what?

Cheers, :beer:w

The rims were on the car when I bought it. I dont know what model they are from. I wish they were chrome but I like them

Just about wake up time! Great weather last week and it was tempting but no road insurance. Rain this weekend but maybe next week the sun will shine and the cover comes off!
Now to find a targa top in good shape!

Cheers, :beer

We're having 2 bathrooms done over and my garage is full of bathroom stuff so I couldn't take it home even if I wanted to which is a good thing because the roads still suck (holes, sand, frost heaves) around here, otherwise I'd be tempted to take it out of storage. I know I'd regret it though.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom