Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 lt4 tuning and dyno getogether day.....

1996 LT4 Topic

wx briefer

Corvette
LT4 - Cam, exhaust,intake / '03 Z06 caged/ '19 ZR1
How many would be inerested in getting together at a dyno for a day of lt1 edit tuning on lt4's? I think it would be more beneficial for several cars to try a common tune that works with similar mods. No need for all of us to re-invent the wheel in our tuning efforts. Anyone interested?

Im game,...but...where??

I'm up for it,..but i am going to be in southern florida after the 9th of may,..let me know what we can do,..:w

"where"? - well, I can travel to where ever might be more central to those that want to participate. There are two dynos available here in Nashville that I know of. A good one here in Smyrna and the other in Lebanon. The rate is around $75 an hour plus $25 for the Air/Fuel ratio probe. Of course, the lt1/4 edit is proprietary to each vehicle so one will have to have their own edit program and laptop computer. The advantage is having better information sharing on what parameters to change during the tuning.

"when"? - we need to get some good input from everyone that wants to participate.

All of those interested, sound off!

I would be interested.I wouldnt be able to change my settings on lt1edit but I could take note and vice versa.(my laptop doesnt have a 232 port)I have to use my regular computer I have in the garage to program.I can only scan my OBD-2 with my laptop.Anyway,Sounds like fun.

How about the dyno run at Cruise-Fest 2004 we need 5 more cars to be able to rent the dyno for 8 hours contact Tm Bryan now he is making the reservations tomorrow

Shannon, my laptop (HP) had no serial either until I bought the adapter from Sockets to plug into the PcCard slot. Works perfectly! That is an impressive vette you have there. I see you are an A&P. Someday I want to tell you about my IFR converted '46 Cessna 140.

Boss, are you talking all LT4's for the dyno? I am really interested in getting only LT4's with similar hardware mods for tuning at this time.

Thank you *wx briefer*.I would love to hear more about your Cessna! Where can I purchase an adapter for my PcCard slot,And, is that different from the troubles associated with USB to RS-232 adapters?Or is that eliminated?I would love to stop using my desktop,and use my laptop.

Shannon, I got my card adapter from Compusa. It was around $130. It works perfectly. I have flashed a dozen or so programs so far and it only takes a couple of minutes to upload. The card is made by a company called Socket, I think. I use it in my HP laptop. I think it may be a better alternative to the USB adapters.

Socket

wx briefer said:
Shannon, I got my card adapter from Compusa. It was around $130. It works perfectly. I have flashed a dozen or so programs so far and it only takes a couple of minutes to upload. The card is made by a company called Socket, I think. I use it in my HP laptop. I think it may be a better alternative to the USB adapters.
Thanks!I will give it a shot.:cool

wx briefer said:
Boss, are you talking all LT4's for the dyno? I am really interested in getting only LT4's with similar hardware mods for tuning at this time.
CAC is having a Cruise-Fest 2004 with a Dyno day click on the link for info.
It is our first ever get together and is in less then a month. The dyno run is a mixed batch, but if we get the whole day I'm sure there will be enough time for tuning.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom