Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Tuning (long)

1996 LT4 Topic
P-ColaVette,

I didn't mean to imply that anyone is lying. As I said, I think it may very well be a difference in road surfaces and tires.

While I would definitely rather have a car that accelerates than one that smokes tires, I am not overwhelmed by my vette's performance. It is better than anything else I have driven but I don't find it especially hard or dangerous to drive. A lot of people seem to be saying that even LT1s and L98s are quite a handful.

Maybe I do have a problem. In a couple of months I will spring for a scanner so that I can check sensor data. I may try to sneak in a dyno run.

How hard would it be to measure the cam? Can it be reliably done by just removing the rocker covers and measuring pushrod position?

The test drive idea is a good one.

I am not sure what the procedure is to measure the cam.... I know my corvette tech can spot it without taking things apart... I don't know what he looks for... He is one of the best corvette technitions in the country (for C4's and C5's), so he may be able to tell by the way the car feels.... I do know he has had LT4 and LT1 cars with low mileage with cams rounding off.... It is a common problem with these engines... The funny thing is, since LT1 or LT4 powered vettes are still gonna be pretty quick with a cam that is rounding off, most would never complain... If you do a search around the internet you will find a lot have had the cam problem... most owners don't realize it until it is really bad though, when the car doesn't run right at all... hope this helps,

About the fish stories...

My original comment about the "fish stories" also wasn't implying anything and apologize if it sounds so. I was simpathizing with RCDK. I have also been pleased with the power when I bought her BUT have not been happy latly. My tires are on the newer side so maybe that has added to my study. It could be that I don't want to burn my clutch.... baby'ing it to much... I have been gulty in the past.

this is very interesting about the cam...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom