Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: LTPWS Light on??

MusclecarJohn

Corvette
'92 arctic white coupe
Hey everyone,
I recently had new tires put on my '92 and the tire guy said that he couldn't reinstall the tire pressure sensors/bands for some reason?? :confused
Now my LTPWS light is on, I saved the original sensors and bands anyway, you guys will probly tell me to get the sensors reinstalled but I just wanted to know if I can clear this code/light from coming on untill I get the bands put back Thanks .... John

No. You can't

Other than replacing the sensors other choices are remove the bulb from the LTPWS service light or cut the power to the LTPWS.

I'll add that any "tire guy" who can't deal with the sensors on those wheels is a tire guy you need not to do business with.

In SoCal there are tire vendors who can deal with the LTPWS sensors on a C4. One of them is Tucker Tire Service Co. in Covina.

In SoCal there are tire vendors who can deal with the LTPWS sensors on a C4. One of them is Tucker Tire Service Co. in Covina.
I have a very Special "Corvette" Friend that lives around Covina Ca.,1 heck of a guy!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Thanks Hib and Junk,
Junk,You said you have a friend in Covina, thats about 20 minutes away from me
I would really like to go see your friend if he will work on my '92?,
I need a good Vette guy around here, and being that you know him he's gotta be good
If you can get me in touch with him I'd sincerely appreciate it,
Thanks again you guys...... John

I wish I knew of a good Corvette guy near Pottsville, PA.
My dealer in nearby Ashland just closed its doors last week.
Now I'm outta luck and I've got some problems.
:(

Junk,You said you have a friend in Covina, thats about 20 minutes away from me
I would really like to go see your friend if he will work on my '92?,
I need a good Vette guy around here, and being that you know him he's gotta be good
If you can get me in touch with him I'd sincerely appreciate it,
Thanks again you guys...... John
A very knowledgeable Corvette Dude and Wrench for sure,he'd probly be more into keeping your A$$ out of Jail!!;shrug;shrug;shrug
He's an Attorney!!:L:L:L
But,I'll ask'm who runs a Honest and Reputable shop around there!!:thumb

OK Junk, Thanks

LTPWS Light

You can remove the bulb, or if you plan to reinstall the sensors, I think you can pull the fuse for the cruise control.

JCS44

I pulled the bulb on my 96 when one of the sensors failed. After looking at the cost of replacing it, I opted for the cheapest way out.

Jake

Thanks JCS and Jake,
I guess I'll do as you guys and take the bulb out for now
until I get the sensors put back

Thanks JCS and Jake,
I guess I'll do as you guys and take the bulb out for now
until I get the sensors put back

I've seen them for sale on the Corvette Forum - forums.corvetteforum.com on the C4 Parts For Sale board.

Hope this helps.

Jake

The Bands are such A Pain !! I removed the Bulb and I have been Happy ever since .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom