Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LTPWS question

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
Are there any sources for LTPWS components besides the recylcing places?

The T-Sport is setting the LTPWS Service light all the time on start and some times it goes out after driving a mile or so. Sometimes not.

Of course, tire pressures are good.

Not that Im aware of. I can't remember which but I think its the rear sensors have been discontinued for some time.

:w
:pat
G

GM has discontinued production of all tire pressure sensors for the C4 system.

Seems like one of the current sensor makers could come up with an 'after market' version that is part of the valve stem like the C5/6 stuff that works with the receiver in the C4.

Guess it's just not worth the effort since the total number of LTPWS cars in the C4 era (89-96) is just over 44K while there were/are 30+K C5 and C6 systems built each year.
And most people with them in the C4 have thrown then away as they fail.

Oh well! I may have to throw mine away also but I consider it a safety issue and want to keep them.

Oh well! I may have to throw mine away also but I consider it a safety issue and want to keep them.
Hang On!! I'm checking with a couple of my aftermarket suppliers now to see if they still carry them!! I was just waiting till I heard back from them before I opened my Pie Hole!!!:chuckle I may need your Vin and Year,STAND By!!:upthumbs

You will want to hang onto your TPS and the counter-balanced mounting bands, so don't throw them away. If you do decide to throw them away, throw them to me in Colorado if they came out of a 93-96 vette. As you know by now, there are no after market TPS systems available ( I know as I checked everywhere) and GM has probably depleted their stock. I know when my left front went out, I had to purchase used. I was able to purchase from GM the right rear new, but that was two years ago. If you do go after the used ones, and if Junk is successful, make sure that you get the proper ones. GM changed the sensors in 93 and the pre 93s won't work in the 93 to 96 models and visa versa. I posted a chart several years ago with each part number and label color in the CAC forum. Each wheel has a different pressure sensor, they are not interchangeable. If you remove your TPS from the car entirely, you will have to remove the bulb in the DIC or remove the fuse for the cruise control as they operate in the same circuits. I suggest that you wait for Junk to get you the proper ones. Also, I noticed that one of our members is still offering used ones.
Good luck
Barrett

Hang On!!

I'm hanging on.
I'm not in that big of a hurry - just yet.
The car goes to the shop next week and I'm not sure yet just what the problem might be. I have 2 spare sensors right now and that may cover me. If the other(s) are bad or my spares are bad, I'll be looking for replacement sensors.

I thought I remembered that there was a difference between early sensors and late sensors in the C4. My C4 is an early production '92, so it probably uses the 'early' version of the sensors.

Thanks for the support.

Tuna
You will have to read the codes to determine which one (or more) TPS is not functioning. You probably don't know at present which sensor is bad. I do have a left front for a pre 93 [GM10098495 - green label] with the counter-weighted band you can have if you need it.
Barrett

Tuna
You will have to read the codes to determine which one (or more) TPS is not functioning. You probably don't know at present which sensor is bad. I do have a left front for a pre 93 [GM10098495 - green label] with the counter-weighted band you can have if you need it.
Barrett

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm finding several little bugs with my new/old car. Yesterday, the digital coolant temp reading started acting crazy by changing randomly between 100 and 170 then the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light came on. More stuff to check and get fixed.
So, the LTPWS system isn't as important now as it was yesterday.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm finding several little bugs with my new/old car. Yesterday, the digital coolant temp reading started acting crazy by changing randomly between 100 and 170 then the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light came on. More stuff to check and get fixed.
So, the LTPWS system isn't as important now as it was yesterday.
Check the coolant Level,If thats OK then un-Plug and Clean the connections on the Temp sending units!!(Right in front on WP housing and between #6 and #8 in the passenger side head!!) Hope this helps!!:upthumbs

Check the coolant Level,If thats OK then un-Plug and Clean the connections on the Temp sending units!!(Right in front on WP housing and between #6 and #8 in the passenger side head!!) Hope this helps!!:upthumbs

Coolant level is fine and it's not running hot - I'll check this out tomorrow. Thanks.

I have a few of the 1989 sensors

I have a few of the sensors used in 1989 that are in my basement, not sure what ones, believe that I have the green and blue, have the others but not sure if they work as a dumb tire charger got to those, let me know if I can help you out with these...do not need as I when to other rims and sold the original rims...

Thanks junk.
Looked at the sensors this morning and found the wire dangling in front of the water pump. Seems the sensor housing broke off so there isn't anything for the wire to latch to. I've got it taped together for now until I get a new sensor installed next week.
That cured the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light also.

Thanks junk.
Looked at the sensors this morning and found the wire dangling in front of the water pump. Seems the sensor housing broke off so there isn't anything for the wire to latch to. I've got it taped together for now until I get a new sensor installed next week.
That cured the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light also.
When you get the sensor,Change it when it's "STONE COLD"!! Don't loosen or remove the Radiator Cap! The cooling system will have a slight vacuum in it, be quick and you won't loose more then a Cup Full of coolant!!:upthumbs

SENSORS

GM has discontinued production of all tire pressure sensors for the C4 system.

Seems like one of the current sensor makers could come up with an 'after market' version that is part of the valve stem like the C5/6 stuff that works with the receiver in the C4.

Guess it's just not worth the effort since the total number of LTPWS cars in the C4 era (89-96) is just over 44K while there were/are 30+K C5 and C6 systems built each year.
And most people with them in the C4 have thrown then away as they fail.

I COULD USE A RIGHT FRONT AND RIGHT REAR (BLUE AND ORANGE, BEIGE HOUSINGS) FOR A '93. NTB GOT TO MINE. STILL GOT A LAWSUIT GOING.

THANKS, SAM

I found some new sensors after an exhaustive search, but they were like $245 a piece!!! :eek I decided I didn't really want them that bad and can live without it. A tire pressure gauge is a lot cheaper.

WHERE?

I found some new sensors after an exhaustive search, but they were like $245 a piece!!! :eek I decided I didn't really want them that bad and can live without it. A tire pressure gauge is a lot cheaper.
CAN YOU GIVE ME AN ADDRESS OR WEB? NTB IS GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE. THANKS, SAM BOGGESS
BAY VILLAGE, OHIO

I'll have to look it up when I get home from work tonight. I didn't bookmark the address, but it should be in my browser history. As soon as I can find it, I'll post it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom