Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mad Electrical - VNV, Kid or Anybody

4WDVETTE

Corvette
1966 Coupe
Been trying to get through to order the relay kits. Either a busy signal or no answer/answer machine. He still in buisiness? Did you guys get your relay kits from him or make up your own?

Steve

I got a lot of busy signals also. I got my shipment from him a few months ago and shot the xxxx with him for a half an hour. I understand that Mark had been sick but he said he was on his way back.

Sorry, best that I can do.

Mark sells good quality Bosch relays. I bought a number of 20A relays with the connector and pigtails at decent prices at Carlisle last year at "Mr. Relays" or whatever the hell it was. VNV thought they were good quality so maybe you can scour a local show????

Kid_Again said:
I got a lot of busy signals also. I got my shipment from him a few months ago and shot the xxxx with him for a half an hour. I understand that Mark had been sick but he said he was on his way back.

Sorry, best that I can do.

Mark sells good quality Bosch relays. I bought a number of 20A relays with the connector and pigtails at decent prices at Carlisle last year at "Mr. Relays" or whatever the hell it was. VNV thought they were good quality so maybe you can scour a local show????

Yeah what he said above.....

Mark I think has been ill and kinda back and forth with business. The really good relays are the ones that Kid just got from Tom Dewitts that are supplied with the spal fans that Tom Dewitts sells on his radiators.

The above are well made and look much healther then the ones at the Pep Girls type stores sell... But..as long as you use any relay that can carry 30 amps on the contacts ..then you should be ok.. Or you can contact Tom Dewitt and ask him who the supplier is for his relays ..or.buy some from him..:beer

I like the way that the relay leads are water proofed at the lead exit point... Also it has a larger stronger body then the cheapy ones and came with 15 feet of lead wires.

Below are some old pic's of the Spal Relays..
rel1.jpg

rel2.jpg

Mark & Joe - thanks for the reply. I am somewhat electrically challenged, so my son says, and I liked the relay kits that had everything - including instructions. If I had a simple wiring diagram, I have no problem using the Spal relays pictured above from DeWitts.

So Mark, if you could give me a quick draw of the hook-up , my son, who oversees all the security hardware at Drexel, can fix me up. I have some new Daylighter high beams bulbs I want to install so I know I have to upgrade the wiring.

Steve

You REALLY need the info from VNV because I ain't no electrical genius. But if you see the numbers on the picture of Mark's relay (30, 85, 86 and 87), those are industry standard designations (learned this from VNV). I'll be darned if every relay I bought, regardless of origin, didn't use the same numbering convention. Once you get the specs, it works with any relay. The earliest that I could get back to you is tonight when I go under the hood and look at what I've done.

VNV.....:BOW

4WDVETTE said:
Mark & Joe - thanks for the reply. I am somewhat electrically challenged, so my son says, and I liked the relay kits that had everything - including instructions. If I had a simple wiring diagram, I have no problem using the Spal relays pictured above from DeWitts.

So Mark, if you could give me a quick draw of the hook-up , my son, who oversees all the security hardware at Drexel, can fix me up. I have some new Daylighter high beams bulbs I want to install so I know I have to upgrade the wiring.

Steve

I think the wireing diagrams are on MAD's site... And or If John Z see's this post he may have it ready to go for you. If not I'll draw it out for you if Kid
doesn't follow thru..:beer

Mark & Joe - Thankls for the info. Will get back on the MAD website and see what I can find.

Steve

Sorry, screwed up. Got home late last night and crashed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom