Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Magnaflow Exhaust

1996 LT4 Topic

rockman1

Corvette
1996 Collector Edition LT4 Sebring Silver
Does anyone have an opinion to offer about the Magnaflow 15623 catback system for the 96 LT4? I think I am going to settle on this. The 3" seems nice. But, does it stick out too far. Feedback would be great. Thanks for the help.

Had it on my 92 ZR-1 and really liked the look and sound. Supported 400rwhp w resonator.
Find one for about 600 and it's a good deal. I've since gone to SW Xpipe w
DynoMax Ultraflow & Z06 flapper tips. Louder but need the reduced restriction when pumping out 430+ rwhp. On a stock LT4, you'll like the MFlow.

Magnaflows LT4

Had it on my 92 ZR-1 and really liked the look and sound. Supported 400rwhp w resonator.
Find one for about 600 and it's a good deal. I've since gone to SW Xpipe w
DynoMax Ultraflow & Z06 flapper tips. Louder but need the reduced restriction when pumping out 430+ rwhp. On a stock LT4, you'll like the MFlow.

New to the site but about to purchase a magnaflow # 15623 axle back system installed for $600. I too have
a 96 LT4 although mine is a vert and a little worreid about the sound in the cabin. If anyone has some input it is appreciated...:upthumbs

Exhaust Notes

Aces96...I to have a 96 LT4 and I struggled with the exhaust question. When I purchased my car it had really loud pipes (at least I considered them loud) I spoke to a magnaflow dealer, passed on corsa because of price and decided to go back to stock mufflers (from eckler for about $200 for the pair) and I am completely satified. The sound system sounds better now, the drone of exhaust at speed is gone and there has been no impact on performance that I can tell. At idle it has the sweetest, soft sound. So, for me, the return to stock was the right choice. Best, Bruce in St Pete

New to the site but about to purchase a magnaflow # 15623 axle back system installed for $600. I too have
a 96 LT4 although mine is a vert and a little worreid about the sound in the cabin. If anyone has some input it is appreciated...:upthumbs

You're going to like it.

Aces96...I to have a 96 LT4 and I struggled with the exhaust question. When I purchased my car it had really loud pipes (at least I considered them loud) I spoke to a magnaflow dealer, passed on corsa because of price and decided to go back to stock mufflers (from eckler for about $200 for the pair) and I am completely satified. The sound system sounds better now, the drone of exhaust at speed is gone and there has been no impact on performance that I can tell. At idle it has the sweetest, soft sound. So, for me, the return to stock was the right choice. Best, Bruce in St Pete

Thanks Bruce for the input....I am holding off for now on the exhaust, still researching...Anybody else have a LT4 Vert and can give me some feedback on how an after market exhaust sounds (cabin noise w/ top up, ect)...Thanks:thumb

Exhaust

My car 96 LT4 had a Corsa exhaust system on when I purchsed it. It looks good and sounds awesome. I dont know the cost

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom