Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Magnaflow Owners

Chris Kennedy

For those owners who have Magnaflows on their cars, are the round exhaust tips straight cut (perfectly vertical), or are they tapered off at an angle?

Thanks,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

The Cat-back system I have, the tips are slash cut. The angle is not steep however.

Did you install them yourself? If so how was the fit. Any installation suggestions? Tools you would suggest and/or like to have for the install.

If you are asking me, yes I installed them myself. I used the included clamp and have not yet had them welded to the pipes. A reciprocating saw will come in quite handy to cut the existing exhaust pipe. Watch out for other things around the pipe and don't cut them. Fit was pretty good, fairly easy job with a helper.

If you are asking me, yes I installed them myself. I used the included clamp and have not yet had them welded to the pipes. A reciprocating saw will come in quite handy to cut the existing exhaust pipe. Watch out for other things around the pipe and don't cut them. Fit was pretty good, fairly easy job with a helper.

Thanks, I've done many exhausts in my life but never a Corvette. Since I got my 90, I have realized there are little tricks and insides specific to Corvettes not to mention C4s. I would rather take the time to ask then screw something up.

Thanks, everyone, for answering my question. I am also looking at the T.P.I.S. Flowmaster system.

Cheers,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Chris
Sorry if you were asking if I installed my Magnaflows. I have been away for a while. I have the catback system, installed it in about 40 mins in my driveway. I marked the old exhaust, used the sawzall and clamped the new pipes in place. I dont see any reason to weld them up.
magna2.jpg

magna1.jpg

Thanks, everyone, for answering my question. I am also looking at the T.P.I.S. Flowmaster system.

Cheers,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Chris,

That is a big system (tube diameter wise) and it is loud and extremely obnoxious. Of course, you might like it like that because I like exhaust systems like that. :D

Chris,

That is a big system (tube diameter wise) and it is loud and extremely obnoxious. Of course, you might like it like that because I like exhaust systems like that. :D

Thanks! Yeah, I spotted a car with one on CorvetteForum. About a week ago I sent an email to TPIS with more questions. I tend to like loud and obnoxious, too, and I also like the fact that it appears to be totally black in color. There's also two Borla systems I like, as well.

Cheers,

/s/ Chris

Chris,

It's a reworked Flowmaster exhaust system. Until you see the system up close, it's difficult to realize how big the exhaust tubes are. :L

Chris,

It's a reworked Flowmaster exhaust system. Until you see the system up close, it's difficult to realize how big the exhaust tubes are. :L

I know what you mean---the system looked pretty big in the pictures on Corvette Forum, and it has some strange looking tips from what I've seen, too. That's one of the reasons I wrote TPIS for further info. Something I have also been looking into is building up a system using Flowmaster 40 series mufflers and aftermarket y-tubes. For some reason, none of the catback systems available for our cars totally hit the button for me either on price or looks. So.....

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom