Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Magnaflows Resonate Horribly on my LT4

1996 LT4 Topic
I understand completely what you are saying about comparing manifolds. I was told the '96 LT4 exhaust manifold is not only different from the '96LT1, but is also different from any cast iron manifold GM built before.

I have never had mine off. So I cannot confirm this.

I do know how much RWHP I am putting out with the stock LT4 manifolds, 3" x-pipe, and 3" system feeding into Magnaflow polished stainless steel 3" mufflers. I am very, very happy with the numbers! :beer

I do not have (what I call) the obnoxious pinging sound of tubular headers! :rotfl I drive mine all the time, so I just could not put up with that much noise! ;LOL

SAVE THE :w

Thanks, I ended up calling B&B folks makers of tri flow.They are going to make me a stainless x pipe that will replace my resonator. $400 + shipping. Not to bad.

;)

GM did a lot of testing of different types of exhaust manifolds between 1989 and 1996. I heard they found out that the cast iron manifolds flowed just as well as the tubular header on your 89. Ease of production and consistency of production led GM to go back to the cast iron one for the LT4.

Sadly that's not saying much. The early C4 "tubular headers" are...well for lack of a better word, CRAP.

I like how the long tubes sound...it's kinda "mean" :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom