Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

manual T vs auto T experiences

sitopons

Has anyone driven a 6 speed manual T and a 4 speed automatic T of the same model same year and find any differences as far as torque/power. Could you share with us your experiences driving both cars.

Thank you

I drove many 6 speed manual and auto equipped late model C4s (94 to 96) and C5s of all years except 97.

Manuals usually feel quicker and more responsive, additionally with automatics there is a performance rear gear ratio and a standard rear gear ratio. The manuals have just one rear end ratio.

The auto equipped cars don’t require any skill, and I clearly beat some faster cars both on the street and at the track with my 95, and they had 6 speeds. ( You cant miss a shift with an auto)
My current 99 has a 6 speed and runs mid 12s when I remember how to come off the line and shift. I love the feeling of a 6 speed stick, until I go to the track.

Some auto equipped cars I drove felt pretty sluggish – but there are so many possible variables.

I had an 87 4+3 :rotfl :bash , 88 & 93 auto. Now a 99 6 speed. I've got to say, at my age and driving time, I wish the 99 were an auto. The 6 speed is fun until you get into stop and start traffic.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom