Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

matching numbers

G

gmb074

Need help finding number locations on my '74 roadster. I was able to research and verify my engine is original. now looking for location numbers and specs on tranny and gears. can anybody help?

:confused

The numbers on the rear should be stamped along the flange where the case halves go together, post those numbers and we'll decipher them.
The tranny has it stamped as well, not exactly sure just where....

Sure some others will chime in here soon...

The Muncie assembly code ("P"-number) is stamped on the vertical rib at the rear of the main case on the passenger side, and the VIN derivative is stamped in the same place on the driver's side.

The casting number for the diff housing is on the passenger side of the nose, just above the horizontal "fin" on the casting, and the casting date is on the driver's side, partially hidden behind the front edge of the camber strut bracket. The ratio code and assembly date are stamped on the bottom flange of the housing inbetween the spring retaining plate and the camber strut bracket. Post what you find and we can decode it for you.

DiffCode1650.jpg

:beer

Need help finding number locations on my '74 roadster. I was able to research and verify my engine is original. now looking for location numbers and specs on tranny and gears. can anybody help?

:confused

we will get thru it!! Thanks:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom