Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Me and Her in Kuwait

H

Hitman1

Hi guys, missed you all.

Several trips and many months, later. Myself and my 02 Z06 arrived to my home country: Kuwait (You know that little country in the middle east south of Iraq). She arrived by a boat that took off from Houston, TX.

Here is she in the streets of Kuwait :)
myvette_kuwait.jpg

Hey - Glad to hear from ya!

A few questions...

1. What's it like to drive a Corvette over there?
2. Are there many Corvettes there?
3. What are the speed limits? :lou

I bet the gas prices are great! :upthumbs

Keep safe! :pat

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Do they also have the notorious speed bumps like Saudi Arabia is known for I believe, it might be UAE?

Hey Hitman1!
We missed you at CruiseFest this year. Take care of your Z over there.

Will you be coming back to the USA again?

Tammy

6 shooter,

Just the other day I was crusing around and I stopped by a bunch of corvettes parked in one parking lot at the sea side. Yes there are plenty of corvettes here; there is a dealer that sells them new.

Gas prices are .... take a deep breath... hold a glass of water...... 0.85 cents/gallon for +93 octane. Best place in the world to drive a corvette :_rock

Pseudomind,

Yes we do have those speed pumps... no one here abide by the speed limits so they spread these everywhere to slow us down :) However the main streets are free of them.

I hope they don't use for a car bomb. They are probably running out of cars over there......Duh !!!!
uhhhh... you're mistaken Iraq for Kuwait :duh no car bombing here.

Hitman,
It's great to hear from you! I'm quite sure your Z06 will be a head-turning vehicle on the streets of Kuwait City. If you don't mind my asking, how much did it set you back to ship your Z06 that far?

Like Tammy said, we missed you at CruiseFest in June. We're already well into putting together next year's CruiseFest in Colorado Springs. If you're stateside next June, you should check it out!

:w
-Patrick

Tammy & Patrick

Yeah I wished I was there with you guys last cruisefest. I hope you all had fun.

Patrick, the Z06 is not as common as the coupe in Kuwait City. So she kind of have her uniqueness. Add to that the cam/heads/headers that I installed on her and it is a master piece now :)

So why colorado springs?

Patrick, the Z06 is not as common as the coupe in Kuwait City. So she kind of have her uniqueness. Add to that the cam/heads/headers that I installed on her and it is a master piece now :)

So why colorado springs?

A Masterpiece- cool!

Here's the announcement about Cruisefest 2007 coming to Colorado Springs. There are a couple of reasons why CAC decided to move Cruisefest to a new location. First, having gone to Bowling Green in 2005 and 2006, there's a sort of "been there, done that" philosophy. Our members have indicated they want something new in a venue. Second, the CAC has a number of members from the western half of North America who find a three day (one way) trip to Bowling Green a bit long, so this is something of a nod to try and get greater participation from outwest. Third, have you ever tried taking a Mountain twisty road in your Corvette? It's an experience not to be missed!

:w
-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom