Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mid America's Funfest 2005. Who's going?

JohnGrawcock

Corvette
Claret 82, Light Bronze 84, and Black 69 Vert
Click link below for original thread in Mid-West forum. Just spreading to additional forums to increase veiws.

Funfest 2005. Who is going?

Towing the 63 from Virginia...wife and I plan to attend.

EBVette said:
Towing the 63 from Virginia...wife and I plan to attend.
We'll look forward to meeting you and I know the wife will be checking your car out. The 63 coupe is her absolute favorite.:drool:

What's the driving distance from Virginia? It Sound like a long hual with a heavy trailer. Did you get enough practice towing it yet?

:beer

Still practicing, did Carlisle this weekend.... worst part is backing up...it will be about 600 miles one way....I will be on the Vets salute Vettes field...

The only trailer my 66 has ever seen is the little Coleman I towed my bicycles to the bike trails on. I sold the trailer hitch 5 years ago.

See you at Funfest..............

avcowvette.jpg
I gotta ride that Cowvette one more time

Wife and I are going for sure, on the net for about 2 hours trying to find a local motel, finally found one in Marshall IL, about 40 miles away.....

EBVette said:
Still practicing, did Carlisle this weekend.... worst part is backing up...it will be about 600 miles one way....I will be on the Vets salute Vettes field...

Collin its gets easeyer,

When backing up just let your hands do the work ,DONT THINK. Watch the jack knife when backing up. I used to have red verticle lines taped on the nose of my enclosed trailer. I would get the tow vechicle as close to a jack knife and would put the tape in line with the quarter panel and would know that when the red verticle line was in line in the mirror with the quarte panel I could not jack it any more with out damage to the bumper.

Its also easeyer to just keep the trailer in line with the tow vechicle and then just point it in the right direction and chase it into the spot you want.

Just make sure who ever your spotter is they use eather STOP or KEEP COMING

AS
Whoa and go Sound the same

Here is a picture of my daughter,the best trailer spotter I have ever used .Here she is telling me just another 1/2"

51547309-29a9-02000180-.jpg

she lines me up perfect everytime.:D

All I have to do is drop the trailer on the ball.while backing up with the trailer on she is also just the perfect guider

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom