Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mid-year hoods

VETTE1966

Corvette
1966 white convertible
I have a 1966 roadster but love the 67 stinger hood. Are mid-year hoods interchangable--in other words, will a 1967 stinger hood fit on my 1966?

yes

I put a 67 hood on my 64 without any problem. I did move the latch that holds the hood up to the drivers side. Ted :)

put a '67 BB repop hood on my '66 and an original '67 BB hood on my '65 with no problems...i like the repop because it's much lighter and shows no more noticeable deflection at speed than does the original

I have a third bb hood that I'm interested in selling just to get rid of it but i think you'll really need to be local to me, otherwise, i don't think it's worth it to you

..i now see that you're in Dallas...not worth it

I recommend you buy a repo 67 hood and hood frame. Take it to a corvette shop and have them glue them together while the frame is mounted to your car. 6 guys will hold it in place and talk for 15 minutes while it bonds. the hood will fit your car perfect. If you buy a hood from ebay or somewhere, you may have fitment issues. Plus, people might be dumping their "first try" repo hoods because it doesn't fit their car well. Keep your original hood, you may change your mind.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom