Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mid Year side exhaust installing

KTM

Corvette
1967 Convertible
Over the years I have collected parts for siden exhust system for Mid Year. I checked from AIM the installing instructions and notised that originally at factory they did some cutting. Do anyone have pictures of those cuttings. I do not want cut wrong way.

putket1.jpg

Over the years I have collected parts for siden exhust system for Mid Year. I checked from AIM the installing instructions and notised that originally at factory they did some cutting. Do anyone have pictures of those cuttings. I do not want cut wrong way.

The dimensions for cutting off the lower "fins" on the front fender and rear quarter panel are shown in the N14 section of the Assembly Manual; the radiused cut on the filler panel at the front of the rear wheelhouse is also shown, although it isn't really necessary for clearance.

:beer

Your current exhaust system comes through the lower panel below the bumpers. You will want to have those holes filled, or purchase a new panel and paint it. Nothing looks tackier than the mid year with the old panel with empty exhaust holes and side exhausts. When I put the side pipes on my 427 1966 convertible in 1967, I had the holes fiberglassed over. I don't remember having to do any cutting during the installation of the side exhaust, but I am losing my memory on some things that I just always thought I would remember, expecially dealing with my corvettes.
Barrett

Your current exhaust system comes through the lower panel below the bumpers. You will want to have those holes filled, or purchase a new panel and paint it. Nothing looks tackier than the mid year with the old panel with empty exhaust holes and side exhausts. When I put the side pipes on my 427 1966 convertible in 1967, I had the holes fiberglassed over. I don't remember having to do any cutting during the installation of the side exhaust, but I am losing my memory on some things that I just always thought I would remember, expecially dealing with my corvettes.
Barrett

So cutting is not nessesary. That is great.

Barret I do have other filler panel with out holes. It is in the pictures but it has to be painted. It is in pictures still in wrong Marlboro Maroon color.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom