Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Midyear vent regulator question

Islander

Corvette
1966 roadster
What is the diffrence between vent window regulators for the 63-64 cars and the 65-67 models? Is there a difference between the coupes and convertibles as well?

The shaft on a 65-67 regulator is longer than a 63-64. There is a difference in coupe and conv. maybe someone else can tell you exactly what it is.

Hi Islander

How's the grin on that 66? Did you come out ok through the hurricanes? My buddy in the Tampa area had his garage cave in from a tree and it was hanging over his Vette for a week before he could finally get his Vette out without a scratch. :D As you might have noticed..... I moved from Maryland back to Colorado.

Hey Montana, long time no see. I went through three direct hurricane hits without losing a single shingle off my roof. I did lose an oak tree in the front and one in the back yard. Charley damaged two panels in my screen enclosure and that's about it. It was more of a nuisance to lose power and have to clean my gutters three times than enything else.

That grin is still in the box where it will stay until late next year when it's scheduled to be repaired and cleaned/painted. Right now I'm done with the birdcage repairs and prep and I'm doing fiberglass repairs from the cowl back. I've also been collecting hard to find parts like bumpers, shift console, vents, stainless moldings, etc. This week-end I'm finishing up the rotisserie so that I can work on the underside easily. I'm taking lots of photos and will create an album once I'm done with the fiberglass repairs.

Hey, moving to Colorado from Maryland is nothing but smart!!! :D

The housings were the same, but the shafts were different length, identified by rings (like Muncie input shafts):

One ring - '63-'64 Coupe

Two rings - '65-'67 Convertible

Three rings - '63-'64 Convertible, '65-'67 Coupe

:beer

Thanks, John. I'm still missing one for the passenger side vent window but now I know what to look for.

Glad you survived with minimal damage Pal. I'll look forward to seeing the album when you get done.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom