Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mirror

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
My drivers ouside mirror still is causing me problems, it's the inner mirror , it moves or shakes when i drive above 50 mph. i looked at it and can't fiquire out how to fix this, can anyone help

There are philips head screws behind the glass that hold the glass assembly in. If you are very careful, you can manuever the glass around and stick a philips head drive up there and tighten the screws that have loosened up.

The assembly that holds the glass portion is held into the mirror housing with screws. They get loose over time. You can only see them if you tilt the mirror in extreme directions up and down, side to side. There should be three screws in there.

You will find they are all a little loose.

If I am wrong, I hope somebody else will chime in. I played with plenty of those bullet style mirrors from 78-82 over the years.

thanks i will try and see if it works, thanks for the help

Looked at the mirror last night and didn't see any screws, did look like two prongs, what they do or how they work i don't know , anyone have any ideas?

CS,

I'll take a peek at my 81 mirrors this weekend and see if there is any adjustment mechanism visible. I'll check my Shop Manual too. 80-81 gotta be the same mirror. Stay tuned.

............. Nut

CS,

The Shop Manual only gives directions on removing the entire mirror assembly from the door. I pushed my mirrow as far as I dared on the right side of the drivers side mirror and as best as I can tell it looks like the mirror and its base sit in a spring retention mechanism of some kind. Very hard to see in there. It might be easier to remove the mirror from the door frame so the (in my case) manual remote lever can move more freely. You may be able to better see what's inside the assembly. If you have electric remote mirrors this will be a little more difficult. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

.............. Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom