Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil (How many miles do you recommend between changes?)

If your car has an oil change monitor, go by it and use the Mobil Synthetic.

The oil change monitors are good!!

Ron ... :beer

I actually change at less than 3000 miles, but by just a few hundred less. From what I've read, synthetic has much more than 3000 miles of life on it. However, most filters cannot efficiently filtrate much more than 4000 miles, if that.

That being said, most synthetic oils are pretty darn good. But filters are a totally different story. Some guys just change the filter at 3K and then top off the oil.

Tuna said:
I'm following a recommendation that I either got from Hib or a post that he chimed in on - I change the oil out between 10 and 12K but I change the filter out every 3-4k.

I too follow change interval. Have had no problems, and the oil comes out looking almost as good as when it goes in. My Vette is daily driven when weather allows. 110,000 on the clock

Brett

On average, I only drive my car 3 or 4,000 miles a year, so I change my oil once a year.

I change all of my oils in the fall, and then again in the spring, the vettes don't get allot of miles in the winter, I think this spring I am only going to change filters in the vettes.

Interesting thread. I recently changed my oil because I'm drag racing this weekend (first time out - wish me luck!). Anyhow, the oil was supposedly changed just before I got the car 1500 miles ago, but when I drained the oil it was like SLUDGE. I asked someone local and they said because mine is supercharged (12lbs boost) and a 383 it will naturally be harder on the oil. So it looks like (assuming the garage really did change the oil.. I do have the receipt) the oil in mine should be changed around every 750 - 1000 miles. I don't mind because I only do 1000 miles every 6 months, but it still seems a little extreme!

Speaking about Mobil 1, with the buy of Pep Boys' 2005 calendar you get various saving coupons, one of them is: with the purchase of three quarts of Mobil 1 you get three free. I bought five calendars ($5) and a case of Mobil 1 (6 qt) and, took the second home for free. There other coupons like $1 off for coolant, free techron etc etc.

AMSOIL! I do mine every 2-3K miles or sooner. removal of valve covers shows no sluding..
-=Rick

Mobil has recomendations on thier web site. They are pretty conservitive to protect themselves. If a manufacture recomends 10000 miles they say go by that , if they say 3000 miles they say go by that . ;shrug

http://www.mobil.com

:w

Mobil 1 Oil, filter and lube between 3000 and 4000. Cheap insurance.

10000 miles on Mobil 1 and the filter 4000 miles. Anything less is a waste of money. Having said that I have never had a oil related engine failure using this regiment.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom