Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mobil 1 vs Quaker State Fully Synthetic

B/STOCK

Corvette
2000 Magnetic Red Vert & 2015 DSOM Coupe Z51-3LT
I have been using Mobil 1 in all my cars since it came out. Long time. I notice the sales for 5qt M1 & filter do not go on sales like they used to. Advanced auto has QS fully synthetic with a drive works oil filter for $19.99. I would use a M1 filter with the QS in my Vettes but am wondering if the oil is as good as M1. My feeling is synthetic is synthetic. An I correct or should I stick with M1? Never make a switch without consulting the forum. Thanks, Mike

Quaker State, along with Pennzoil are owned by Royal Dutch Petroleum, i.e. Shell. Shell's synthetic brands, along with Mobil 1 account for a huge share of the world market for synthetic oil. Personally, I doubt if there a a whole lot of difference between any of those brands for the average Vette driver. I have used Pennzoil syn since it was introduced, but I wouldn't hesitate to use Mobil 1.

I used both Pennzoil and Royal Purple when I was racing, and some use Red Line, etc. We all have preferences, but I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference at the end of the day. Modern oil is engineered to meet manufacturer's specs, and the differences may be more puff than substance.

But oil discussions sometimes draw more nonsense on various forums than polishes. So get ready for some fun.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom