Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mobil One $7.25 per quart?

Corvette
1999 Torch Red Coupe
Oil change time was today. Even though I only put about 1500 miles on my Vette in the last year, (It was real busy summer for me, not much cruzin) I figured once a year is prudent.

So I went to pick up some Mobil One and noticed Pep Boy and R&S Strauss getting over $7 a quart!!! No case sales.

Is that a New York city price or has it gone up all over??

try walmart its a little over $5.00 out here Autozone sometimes has it on sale cheaper

vett boy said:
Just bought it 6 qt jugs for $22.53 at wall mart in Portsmouth NH. No sales tax in NH .
The Wal-Mart jugs are 5 quart, but that's still a good price. I bought one last week for $25 and change (incl. 7.75% sales tax).

It must be a NH-only thing, or they are selling you old stock. No one else seems to know about these 6-qt jugs.
http://www.google.com/search?lr=&q=mobil-1+6-qt+jugs&btnG=Search
http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Rewards/Rewards_FAQs.aspx#FAQs2
Your right Lucky, went up to change the oil in a pickup this afternoon all guess what ? 5 qts was all the lable said.I feel lower than frog scum for giving miss info ,please forgive me.BUT! the price was correct. Steve

I saw it today at Wal-Mart in Augusta at 22.50 for 5 qt
jug, but I had to add sales tax, so I will wait for N.H. trip.:D

I was at the local Wally World this morning and Mobil-1 5W-30 was $5.68 for a quart but the 5-quart jug was $21.84.

Costco has a 6-pack case of quarts for $28.94.

can of worms

I know this is a Moble 1 thread, but what about Penzoil Platinum? Full synthetic for $2.99 at walmart. Meets or exceeds GM 4718M (C4) requirments to.

$5.75 (pre tax) a qt at WallMart in San Jose, CA. Of course after California tax, it's the better part of $7. :eyerole

Had my oil change last week at my dealer,, they used Mobile 1 , it cost me $102. all taxes included, disposal fees etc.. ( Montreal area )

I too had an oil change, filter and lube ($59.11 total) at my Chevy dealership on Aug 30. Cost for 7 quarts of Mobil 1 was $41.93, which is $5.99 per quart.

Has anybody else been spoiled by the 5 quart jug ? I use Mobil 1 in my Ecotec engine in the Cavalier as well as the Corvette. Since I started buying the jug I can't stand buying the individual quarts, it just makes it so much easier and faster to do the oil changes ! Anybody else ?
536002_off_trk.jpg

I was in Wally World today and saw the 5 Qt jugs on sale for a little over $23.00 I'll have to go back with the truck and get a few. the only thing hard about the 5 qt jugs is pre-filling the filter; I usually spill some;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom