Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

model display cases

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
Where does everyone buy their display cases. and where do you buy ones for larger models?

I got mine at Carlisle, and have seen them at other car shows.
That's the best way - get it at a show and avoid the ripoff shipping costs.....there are also lots of 'modeler' shows -
or maybe check with one of the flea market die cast dealers.
I hope that helps.
:w :Steer

Thanks that's an idea. what part of N.C. do you live in?

Hey, glad the ideas were helpful.
I'm in what's called the 'Triad' of N.C. - that's Winston-Salem,
Greensboro, High Point.....a nice place to live.....1 hour to the mountains, 1 hour north of Charlotte, about 4.5 hours to the
Beach.

I am originally from charlotte, moved when i joined the Air Force years ago, i was in charlotte this past august.

Oh - so you know the area well!
I spend a great deal of time at the Speedway, and have many friends in a car club based in Charlotte.
Air Force eh?...that's Great! I have special memories of my time in
the Air Force (1972-1976). Started as a B-52 Electrician (Robins AFB, GA, & Guam) - then I xtrained into Air Traffic Control (Eglin AFB, Florida - that was SWEET duty!)
All the BEST 2 U!

Yes, i do know that area well and a few charlotte police officers i went to school with. i miss the area at times but utah is great place to do all kinds of things.

I'd sure like to know one other place to buy cases.....but they are just to expensive.....don't you think so?????
tony

Yes, i am hunting for affordable display cases for my models. i do not want to take them out of their packages though.

Try Sue's Race Shop in Asheville, NC. 828 277-7656. They have a web site but do not list display cases. I have purchase from them, they seem to be reasonable. I got the 2001 Andy Pilgrim, Dale Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Racing Corvette from Sue's along with a Display Case.

2002 Yellow Roadster

Hobby Lobby is a good place to buy cases. They usually have sales going on and you can pick them up pretty cheap.

do you have an e-mail adress for hobby lobby?

I was able to get some decent cases for 1:18 models at KB Toy stores. They were only about $4. They are nothing fancy but they get the job done.

I have about 25 cars so far and my wife was complaining about them taking space under the bed, in the closet, etc. all in the boxes. She found a TV stand that is about 6ft long and 24" wide, and 3ft tall with clear glass sliding doors. I tossed the wood shelves that came with it and installed clear glass shelves. I added a rope light clipped to the underside of the top. Now I have all my cars out of the boxes, in a lighted, dust free display. It looks great at night. I call it 'my car dealership'.

96corvetteLT4,
Sounds great !
Where did you find the case?
How much $$$$

I have lots of luck with eBay for all cases like this, I have bought in bulk football cases for my memoribilia (sp?), one at a time is high for shipping, but if you have a few, or get a few to go in on it, you can get them dirt cheap. Do a search for acrylic case, or display case, etc. Be patient and do your research.

KB Toys or Toys-R-Us has them for $4-$5 bucks.. just check them before you buy, sometimes they are broken.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom