Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

mono springs

bbp

I HAVE A 66 . I AM WORKING ON REAR SUSPENSION. NEED NEW SPRING. JUST WONDER IF ANY ONE HAS EXPERIENCE WITH MONO SPRING, AND WHAT RATE?

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

First thing try not to use upper case in your post it makes it seem like your YELLING.

Any how I have a 1966 that came with mono spring front and rear.And in the front it had tybular control arms.I thought the car drove ok .I have been trying to bring my car back to N.C.R.S specs over the last few years and removed the mono spring and installed the correct suspention in it.After one ride I realized that the monos spring set up drove 200% better then the factory suspention.I have NO idea what the spring rate was but it was a trw spring

Good Luck and be SAFE

Do you still have the old front monspring set up? I have a '79 that needs new suspension this winter and was thinking about adding it. A used one may save me some money.

Composite monospring is the way to go for driving but it will cost you in originality. I have the 420 lb unit in my 67 bb and it weighs about 6 lbs vs the old steel spring at about 50 lbs. Great handling too.

Best regards,
Gerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom