Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Most likely situation with a PO4030 check engine code-

Now it's throwing codes every 10 miles!

I'm going for the Magnaflo 51397, without the X pipe. My exhaust guy is very good, and he is a Corvette lover. He has a 1970 Stingray in very nice shape. I'll have him graft on the rear of the existing pipes which look like new. The X pipe is designed to fit on to the rear of the cat pipes, thus the reason for the chopped off rear on the Magnaflo.

The car is throwing a code very often now. Toolguy wrote that a failing cat can screwup my O2 sensors ?? What's the consensus on that?

Best,

Bluemill
:beer

I'm going for the Magnaflo 51397, without the X pipe. My exhaust guy is very good, and he is a Corvette lover. He has a 1970 Stingray in very nice shape. I'll have him graft on the rear of the existing pipes which look like new. The X pipe is designed to fit on to the rear of the cat pipes, thus the reason for the chopped off rear on the Magnaflo.

The car is throwing a code very often now. Toolguy wrote that a failing cat can screwup my O2 sensors ?? What's the consensus on that?

Best,

Bluemill
:beer

Your 02 sensors will be fine. :)

Ordered new direct fit middle cat pipe set up......

I've ordered the Flowmaster #2010014 mid-pipe with cats set up. It's direct fit, stainless, less restriction, perhaps throatier, and comes with a 25,000 mile emissions warranty, which with me would be about 3 years. I'll let you guys know how it works out. I'm running the slightly louder Z06 mufflers which Hib recommended I try many years ago. If the new mid pipe puts out too much sound, I can try my old stock steel mufflers which I have in used parts inventory.

Best always,

Bluemill
:upthumbs

The Catalytic Cataclysm Part 29.....NOT GOOD

I got a Flowmaster model 2010014 cat-mid pipe assembly from Amazon yesterday, and tried to have it installed today at a Lou's Custom Exhaust, a 27 location New England franchise. They were super nice, and made a valiant attempt to get the pipes to fit, but it didn't fit 4 different ways, and that's not even trying to connect it to the rear mufflers.

The manager was kind enough to show me how "off" the new connections were, and they were not even close.

Now I have to send them back, and try something else.

Magnaflow? Any body try their cat/mid pipes set up, specifically model 51397?

Can you really test a cat's function somehow- or not, other than read the code off your DIC?

At the end of Sept. my safety/emissions annual sticker will expire, so I may need to park it for a while.

If anybody would sell me their used original mid cat pipes that would be good too!

Best,

Bluemill

There is no way to test a catalytic converter unless it is on the vehicle, on OBD2 the ECM/PCM monitors the difference ratio between the front (primary) and rear (secondary) 02 sensor voltages during cold start and hot run to determine catalyst efficiency. Good luck with it. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom