Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Motor break in

vette said:
With a roller cam you do not need to break in the cam. Just prime the motor fire it up tune it and go do burnouts.

Same thing as a flat tappet. Pull to the line and press on the gas. :L

Hi Larry. My frame is done and should be picked up next week. Motor is all done. And all my chrome is at NU Chrome. I have almost all my parts here. I still need to buy the AC unit. What one did you use. I'm thinking on Hot Rod Air.

vette said:
Hi Larry. My frame is done and should be picked up next week. Motor is all done. And all my chrome is at NU Chrome. I have almost all my parts here. I still need to buy the AC unit. What one did you use. I'm thinking on Hot Rod Air.

I purchased the perfect fit system from Classic auto air
http://www.classicautoair.com/
.The evaporator is well engineered and fits real nice.(takes up some foot space for the passenger though) I used there condencer also (seems a little small to me) there system is set up for the A/C compressor on the driver side .but with the march Performance pulleys The compressor is relocated to the passenger side.I was luckey when I ordered my condencer I spoke to one of the service tecs and explained what I was doing and he built me a custom set of hard lines to get me thru the radiator support on the passenger side.Now all I have to do is get everthing in place and have them make me the soft lines they use a sanden compressor and I am not using theres as the march sytem comes with a polished one. I also dont like there diffusers/grills as they are cheap plastic and I am still shopping for a good set of billet style ones.

I have decided on setting 2 grills cut into the center console that the clock and heater console and radio is.I plan on cutting them in next to the heater control panel.I then plan on using 2 corner ball mounts like on the midyear cars.

Good luck with your purchase.I love there evaporator and that it uses the original heater control panel,But I am not thrilled with the rest of the system.I would check in with John McGraw and Rich Lagasse to see what they used.I am a creature of habbit and chose there system because I have always used them in the past

I have been using Classic auto Air for a long time.there tecnical support is hit or miss.they have 1 fellows who is very condesending when he speaks to me and acts as if he is doing me a favor.All of the other fellows I have spoken to have been very helpfull and go out of there way to assist me.Next time I speak with him and he mis treats me I am going to do the company a favor and right a letter to the owner

39744000-560e-02000155-.jpg

39744004-a488-02000155-.jpg

Wow that's a big unit. I was going to go with a street rod unit and order diff. parts to make what I want. I'm going to use the stock GM comp. from the LT1. I want to use the orig. assy. brackets. I to am still looking for some good looking vents. If you find something let me know. Your brake booster set up looks like the same one I have.

Just another point on overheating and discoloring headers......insufficient coolant and inoperative thermostat will cause overheating and discolor headers. Sounds over simplified; but when you are all excited about firing up that new engine , it's the simple things that get forgotten about. goodluck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom