Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Motor Mounts Won't Align

USNA1969

Corvette
1972 Big Block/4-Speed
I changed the motor mounts on my bb. The new driver's side mount went in without a hitch. The passenger side mount was a different story. I can only get 2 of the 3 bolts to align with the block. The mount-to-frame bolts went in fine.

I have the front up on jack stands so the car is not level. I'm assuming that the slope has something to do with it, but I can't muscle the engine up hill to align the last bolt. I'm hoping that when I drop the car and start the engine, everything will align and I can jack it up and put in the last bolt.

Does anyone see a problem with that? I'm in the process of rebuilding the engine and I'm concerned that it may run rough until I can get the timing settled down.

Fred's Vettes

Corvette
1969 Blue/Black 1969 Green/Green Project
Check and make sure the new mounts are drilled properly. I took back two sets before I got the correct alignment. Hope this helps, Fred

USNA1969

Corvette
1972 Big Block/4-Speed
I lined the new ones with the old and they matched.

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
Bolt the mounts to the block first, and install the mount-to-frame through-bolts last. :)

USNA1969

Corvette
1972 Big Block/4-Speed
I tried that, but it didn't work. I can put a drift into the empty hole in the mount and align the holes, but I can't figure out how to move the mount w/o the using the hole.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom