Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Motorola Bluetooth Accessories, anyone have any of these?

antneed

Corvette
08 C6 Vert
Looking at some different Bluetooth options for the C6.

I looked at the Parrot unit, but was wondering if anyone has any experiences with the following Motorola Products.
If yes, can you share your experience with the product and maybe some pics.

Motorola T-605: This unit also transmits your mp3s thru Bluetooth through the car speakers!! No need for an iPod adaptor!!!
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=174#

Motorola IHF-1000
http://direct.motorola.com/ens/carkits/learn-IHF1000.html

Thanks!

I've alredy installed a Motorola IHF-1000 in my '08 C6. (I have IHF-1000's in all of my family's cars).

I purchsed a cable assembly that allows the IHF-1000 to use the C6 speaker system and 'mute' functions (ala OnStar) and will advise whether this cable assembly works when I have my dealer tech install the iPod interface in Oct.

I personnally love the IHF-1000.

FLRTAYLOR: thanks for the reply....can I ask you where you purchased the cable assembly so the IHF-1000 transmits thru the C6 speaker system?

Thanks!

FLRTAYLOR: thanks for the reply....can I ask you where you purchased the cable assembly so the IHF-1000 transmits thru the C6 speaker system?

Thanks!

I purchased the cable 'CELLSITE GMCSS-2 Harness & Motorola MOT-1000 cable from audioOutfitter.com

However, I don't know (yet) if it will work and I wouldn't recommend you buy it until I've verified that it really works.

The current way I use the IHF-1000 is with the separate IHF-1000 speaker which works fine (and doesn't potentially affect the radio warranty).

I will notify you (either way) after I've worked with my dealer in the install.

My FL dealer (Ferman Chevrolet - Tampa, FL) has a major Corvette specialty shop and wants to work with me to verify both the BlueTooth cable and the iPod interfaces work properly.

OK great...We're not too far from each other...I'm in Ft. Myers..I've talked to your dealer in Tampa when I was looking for my car. Nice folks for sure.

I am interested in the Bluetooth setup....if you would please let me know how it turns out. When are you going for the install?

THank you very much.....either respond here, or email me: antneed@hotmail.com

Thanks Tony

Dealer installed the cable assembly (all connectors matched the radio) but the Motorola IHF-1000 did not provide output through stereo speakers and enable audio mute on stereo.

So, we reconnected IHF-1000 through unit's external speaker.

However, dealer wanted to keep the cable assembly and check with one of their electronic 'techies' to determine why cable didn't work.

(i.e. dealer is interested in getting this to work and he (as well as I) believe it is probably something simple to resolve.

Will advise on any update from dealer on this.

FYI - IHF-1000 working beautifully,

Installed an iPod adapter that works through the DVD-Sat radio great!

Installed a drive shaft tunnel 'heat shield' to reduce the heat present in the center console - works great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom