Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 MTBF - LT4 Engine

1996 LT4 Topic
Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
Fellow LT4 Owner's, :w

What's the most miles someone has/had racked up on their stock (no major internal mods) LT4 engine/drive train?

I'm sure this critter is made for the long haul, but it would be nice/reassuring to here some 150K or 200K+ mile reports from some of you out there! :upthumbs

Thanks,
6 Shooter

FYI - MTBF = Mean Time Between Failure

I've got 87K on my GS, her only mods are an air foil, K&N filter, and a Borla cat-back exhaust. I intend to break the 100k mark next summer, and with a 6,000 mile trip to Bowling Green and back, I'll probably do it.:D

I know of another GS'er who's got well over 100k on his GS. I do believe they are built for the long haul.

Jason

When I was looking for a LT4 this fall I drove one with 110K. It drove like a new motor, it all matters how well it is taken care of. If the oil is changed on schedule with Mobil 1, I don't see why the motor would not last 150K to 200K. I just gave away my 89 Grand Prix with 150K and the motor still runs like new, I also used Mobil 1.:w

100,400 miles and still going strong. Ran a 13.3 in the 1/4 last month. And that's with plugs gapped at .62, and really bad opti spark and bad track conditions.
She runs like new other wise.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom