Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

muffler eliminators

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
Since I got my 82's motor running nice again it mysteriously lost its throaty exhaust sound no doubt open loop was causing excessive fuel to be injected, sometimes its real quiet to the point my trans am makes it look bad, my neighbor has a 90 vette with these and his sounds great, but his looks like they have baffles of some sort ... has anyone here used a set of these on a C-3 and does eclers sell them for C-3's I dont have my magazine anymore

The ones I saw on the C4 yesterday looked like the stainless steel ones. I don't believe they have the stainless for the C3 though.

But they do sound awesome and they clean up the bottom of the car. I'm sure that you'll save a few pounds in the process. All that will surely add up to a little better fuel efficiency.

lately though whenever I make a weightsaving improvement on the car it always seems to gain it back in another way LOL

topless,

I know perfectly what you mean, it always seems to gain weight in the middle where it's quite unsightly.:L :L :L

Don't know how easy those eliminators are to install though. I don't know if those are a direct fit like the cat back systems. Good luck in your search, keep us informed and take some pictures if you can!

I got em

carefully determine where your cut needs to be on the exhaust pipe and cut with saw. New muffler slips right over old pipe perfectly and mounts in original rubber holders at rear. It took me less than 20 min. to complete, no problems matching up to fit bumper, these things look like they should be original equip. the way they fit, and really clean up the rear end.

Too bad you aren't here in Florida, I'd give you a set with a new Y-pipe already attached just to get it out of my garage. I put them on before the sidepipes and they sounded nice, had a good low tone to them. Anyone in FL want them come and get 'em, too big to ship.

Scott81 said:
Too bad you aren't here in Florida, I'd give you a set with a new Y-pipe already attached just to get it out of my garage. I put them on before the sidepipes and they sounded nice, had a good low tone to them. Anyone in FL want them come and get 'em, too big to ship.

Just curious Shark, why did you go with the sidepipes? How do the sidepipes sound in comparison to the eliminators?

At the time I hadn't had my Vette too long, drove it up to Michigan and found the Y-pipe had a hole in it so I needed something to fix it, the KBD's were the right price at the time and someone recommended them to me. I've wanted a Corvette with sidepipes since I was a little kid, so when I could afford them I put them on, I just love the look and sound. I don't have any sound files of the KBD's but I do have some of my sidepipes with STS baffles Here

ps. I'm serious, someone PLEASE get them out of my garage.

On my 74 Conv I used Mid Americas Chambered exhaust and love the nice sound it has.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom