Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mufflers for a '73

Tom73

Corvette
73 LS4 Coupe - 04 CE Conv
Has anyone out there found a muffler that will correctly fit the '73 and has a good sound? I know that you can get original mufflers that fit correctly and you can get aftermarket performance mufflers that are not the correct shape and require the use of 70-72 tips; but is there a performance aftermarket muffler with good sound that looks correct and will still use the 73 tips?

tom...

I took stock new mufflers for mine and had them opened up on the top, had the baffles "REDONE" and then rewelded back up......

Tom,

I resently replaced the exhaust system from the manifolds back. Around St. louis there are Mienike muffler shops. They recommended an after market muffler called California Turbo Muffler. They did the installation. They fit the same and look just about the same as an orignal. The difference is the price. If I remenber correcty the orginal is about $200 each. These were about $80 each. They are louder, similar to a Flowmaster 50. The total was about $400

Gary

Tom: Not the answer to your question, but I am using 70-72 mufflers with 70 to 72 tips.

George Black said:
Tom: Not the answer to your question, but I am using 70-72 mufflers with 70 to 72 tips.
What I am hoping to do is be able to keep the 73 center outlet tip rather than going to the 72 offset outlet tip. A small thing, I know, but I think the center outlet just looks better.

tom...

i have flowmasters with 73 tips...i will send you a pic if you would like to see it Tom...i get alot of compliments on them.

Chas:w

Tom73 said:
What I am hoping to do is be able to keep the 73 center outlet tip rather than going to the 72 offset outlet tip. A small thing, I know, but I think the center outlet just looks better.

tom...

Tom, i had the Dynomax mufflers on mine before i went to sidepipes. they had good tonal qualities,without being too loud. if the rest of my exhaust wasn't so bad . i might have kept them on......nah ,sides are the best.

robin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom