Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Multi-car Insurance discounts....

wx briefer

Corvette
LT4 - Cam, exhaust,intake / '03 Z06 caged/ '19 ZR1
Anyone found a company that gives a good discount for multiple vehicles? I have two pickups, two corvettes and a recently restored mercedes SL for which I am paying simply way too much insurance. I am the only driver. Why should I pay a token discount that really does not amount to much savings on each vehicle? I am sure there are others in our hobby that have a similar situation. Can anyone lead me to a reasonable company? Oh yeah, I drive my cars/trucks. I expect to put miles on each every year. Thanks.

Check State Farm...I get 16% multi-car, 14% accident free, & 10% multi line discounts on my cars.

Bob, I currently have State Farm, also. However, a multi-car discount is a good thing to have if one has several drivers in the family. But, I am the only driver. I am the only one in my household. A mere 10-20% off of the regular price for 5 vehicles is still quite substantial. Obviously, if I am the only driver, there can only be one car on the road at one time. I have yet to find anyone that gives that consideration. One would think with all the baby-boomers collecting vehicles nowdays that some other type policy should exist for single driver-multi vehicle coverage.

Years ago I recall a "car collector" category which is just what your situation calls for. Two brothers I know had about 7 cars and that's what they had. I believe it's one of those things that, if you don't know or ask, they won't tell you about it. Don't give up!

I use Amex through Costco. Saved a bunch of money over State Farm.

I have been with Gieco for over 30 years for the drivers and have my 64 with JC Taylor. Gieco has been very good to me. I got the new bill for 6 month policy to insure my 05 Vete, my wifes 03 Nissan Murano and our 97 Subaru Outback that is my daily beater. It costs more to insure the 03 Murano then it does to insure the 05 Vette. I don't understand it and don't question it. Total cost for both my wife and I with full coverage on all 3 cars is about $850 for six months.

USAA for me.
I have the vette, my mazda 6, and my motorycle all fully insured (except no collision on the bike) for $895 total for 6 months.
The multi-car discount saves me $118 on the vette and $87 on the mazda per 6 months. I also get a low mileage discount- 5000 miles on each- which saves me $88 and $65 respectively. Plus, I get a whopping $8 per car for "exemplary driver" discount :L

Tammy

wx briefer said:
... and a recently restored mercedes SL for which I am paying simply way too much insurance...
I would put the SL with a Collector/Classic company such as Hagerty. I have my '73 with Hagerty and the rest with State Farm.

tom...

Unbelievably, considering their rates in the past, I have now found State Farm takes care of all vehicles at a substantial discount. I used to think Progressive was the best in rates for bikes. It is not. State Farm beat them by a couple of hundred dollars! (the world has truly turned upside-down)

In the final analysis:
'02 BMW K1200RS - $500/12 mos.
'81 Mercedes 380SL - $112/12 mos. (limited to only 2k/per year)
with agreed upon value of $15k
'03 Z06 - $668/12 mos.
'96 LT4 - $472/12 mos.
"97 Ranger - $402/12 mos.

all with 100/300/100, only $1000 deductible/ windshield replacement with no deductible.

Full coverage on all 4 cages and 1 bike for one year at less than $2200! I am a happy camper.

I have 4 vehicles and my house insured with American Family Insurance and get the multi-vehicle discount,also a discount having the house insured as well. I get a discount but not sure now how much, thinking about shopping around just to keep the agent honest you know. I do put the Vette on storeage insurance over the winter; I am allowed to do this 3 times throughout the year as I remember. I still have a 23 year daughter on our plan so I am sure I am paying through the nose for her on all the vehicles, even though she never drives them, the agent said the potential is there so it effects all the vehicles, sucks but such is life :ugh

Bill :w

It all depends where you live, this is how Insurance companies calculate there loss, therefore your premium, I also have my Family vehicle and Home owners through State Farm, both me and wife have clean records,(18yr old and 14 yr old dont drive as of yet) and State Farm quoted me $2200/year for my 98 coupe, yes that is correct $2200/yr, outrageous.

So I Insured with Leland West, and they insured it with the same coverages for $700/year, although I do have it listed as 5k miles a year for driving, which I probably wont even come close to because it is not a daily driver obviously, But that just goes to show the Location factor in how they calculate premiums,

Oh ya I live in Vegas, I guess ya pay for the preium of being able to drive 365 days a year.

I've got my 3 vehicles and house insured with Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance. If there is a Farm Bureau in TN you might check them out. My costs are less for 3 vehicles than they were for 2 with State Farm, plus there are additional discounts for having your homeowners there too.

wx, the original poster is SINGLE driver - most of the replies are from multi-driver family plans - so discounts are totally different!

WS - are all of your vehicles garaged? how are they all equipped, etc.? you get some discounts for these factors, as well as the area you live of course - I am a single driver like you and have four vehicles, and am with USAA and get about a 20% discount

c5vetter said:
wx, the original poster is SINGLE driver - most of the replies are from multi-driver family plans - so discounts are totally different!

WS - are all of your vehicles garaged? how are they all equipped, etc.? you get some discounts for these factors, as well as the area you live of course - I am a single driver like you and have four vehicles, and am with USAA and get about a 20% discount

Boy I love the "Lady", sure like to see a bigger picture, nothing gets me going like a "63 Split Window Coupe", AWESOME!!!! :upthumbs

Bill :beer

Insurance on my vette

If you are 50 or over, or other members, and join AARP (membership is low cost), they have great insurance rates thru AARP/Hartford. I saved a bundle, including the multi car discount. Give em a try!

c5vetter said:
check out my restoration page:

http://www.pbase.com/c5vetter

BTW - LADY is a Z06 and is blushing at the compliment!

Awesome pictures, now I need to see some of the body going on, lot of love and labor went into this car that's for sure. . . . . Just awesome! :upthumbs

Bill :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom