Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Muncie vs BW ST-10 Linkage hook up

paz72vette

Corvette
1972 stringray
Does anyone have a picture of what the linkage looks like for a BW 4-speed? Is it the same as the muncie? The AIM only states 64-81 4-speed, Not muncie or BW. Not sure if they are the same or different. The linkage is different, not to sure of the hook-up.

Many thanks

Vito

Does this help?

Not sure what kind of AIM you could have that shows cars to be built in the future.

Attachments

• 72trans.jpg
    72trans.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 97
Thanks for the diagram, it is the same one that I have (muncie). I swapped the muncie for a BW. I think that the older vettes 75 and up had the BW.

Cheers

Vito

I have the complete shifter and mounting brackets from my 78 (T-10) (went to a TKO-600) and can take what ever pictures you need. Do you need just the linkage or the brackets too?

Gary

Gary

If you could take a side shot of the trans with the linkage attached would be great. I am trying to wrap this up before the body goes back on the frame tomorrow. It is a lot easier adjusting everything with the body off.

Many thanks

Vito

Here's the 78' BW T-10 linkage. The pictures are pretty much how it goes on. I think the lever location may be different than the Muncie. Hope this helps.

Gary
78linkage-1.jpg

78linkage-5.jpg

78linkage-4.jpg

78linkage3.jpg

78shifterlinkage.jpg

You can use your old shifter linkage for the t10,i did what you are going to do ,i put in a t10 and all i had to do was just readjust the linkage for the t10,pretty easy,but you old back up switch will need to be modified ot you can buy another to fit the t10.I modded mine by making a longer rod for it that goes to the switch.The backup switch will bolt up different then the other trans,a little farther away.Still an easy job.Bill

Bill

I bought the new bracket. When I tried to hook up the old switch to the new bracket the holes didn't align. What your also saying is the rod is different?

Thanks

Vito

Bill

I bought the new bracket. When I tried to hook up the old switch to the new bracket the holes didn't align. What your also saying is the rod is different?

Thanks

Vito

I used my old switch from the munsey and made a longer rod for the switch that goes to the reverse linkage to the switch.I used my old brackets.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom