Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My 1967 is Home

paul67

Corvette
1974 convertible
Exactly six months ago (October 20) I put my 1967 into dead commercial storage for the winter. Today I picked it up. No permanent injuries it seems.

The Powerglide did its usual storage thing: puked out three pints of fluid. I understand that is a result of the torque converter capacity leaking into the pan and overflowing. Does that every winter. I topped up.

For some reason the battery post clamps were loose. Must have driven all last summer like that. Or winter gremlins were at work.

Brakes are working well: no apparent leaks, hard pedal and no pulls.

Engine idles nicely at 550rpm and pulls without hesitation or back fire.

It needs a good dusting off but generally all seems well.

Bring on 2006!

paul67 said:
Exactly six months ago (October 20) I put my 1967 into dead commercial storage for the winter. Today I picked it up. No permanent injuries it seems.

The Powerglide did its usual storage thing: puked out three pints of fluid. I understand that is a result of the torque converter capacity leaking into the pan and overflowing. Does that every winter. I topped up.

For some reason the battery post clamps were loose. Must have driven all last summer like that. Or winter gremlins were at work.

Brakes are working well: no apparent leaks, hard peddle and no pulls.

Engine idles nicely at 550rpm and pulls without hesitation or back fire.

It needs a good dusting off but generally all seems well.

Bring on 2006!

Feels good ..Don't It...;)

Good for you, Paul. Enjoy the cruising season.

It was like being united with a long-lost friend. D***, these cars are pretty. What a feeling. Played some 60s-70s tunes in the garage and just stared at it. Even a 327/300 with Powerglide can turn a person's crank.

The fellows at the commercial storage area (450 car-capacity) were so good. Despite the Italian high-end units, they considered my car a favourite. Strange. I thought the foreign exotics would be their favourites. But no. It seems these old Corvettes have a certain appeal.

paul67 said:
It was like being united with a long-lost friend. D***, these cars are pretty. What a feeling. Played some 60s-70s tunes in the garage and just stared at it. Even a 327/300 with Powerglide can turn a person's crank.

The fellows at the commercial storage area (450 car-capacity) were so good. Despite the Italian high-end units, they considered my car a favourite. Strange. I thought the foreign exotics would be their favourites. But no. It seems these old Corvettes have a certain appeal.

So ..is this storage facility geared towards Auto Storage for the cold winters up in ther..??:)

It's geared basically for winter storage of summer-driven cars. But a lot of their business is for soldiers and their cars/possessions as they go off to Afghanistan and other peace-keeping and peace-making tasks for their six-month assignments. I really do not wish to get political here in this thread but we (Canada) have a presence there in those areas. Hence my earlier comments re Italian exotics should be tempered by: there are family and personal sedans in there.

paul67 said:
Same thing happened with the guys at DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers). The guy that called me and asked where in MA he needed to deliver loved the car. I can still here this guy saying "dude, I mean beautiful, dude - I mean Dude, this vette is REALLY BEAUTIFUL!"
I was actually laughing on the other end of the phone.

I dropped by a Coffee Time this afternoon, in Heaven. You know the kind of place I mean, Paul.

Anyway, a guy followed me inside and stood in line just behind me. He leaned over and said, "Who did you have to kill to get that beautiful '67?" :naughty:

;)

OK,
We had a fellow over today to give an estimate on re-doing our kitchen. And that is serious money. I sort of liked the price until he wanted to see the stove hood vent through the garage and up through the roof. He saw the 1967 when I opened the garage door and his eyes opened up. As did the estimate, in a subtle way.

What more can I say? Own a Corvette, be rich? Not necessarily.

OK, Bob. I would never go near a Timmy's with my Corvette. You are brave!

67HEAVEN said:
Paul,

You'd be shocked to learn what I do with this car. ;LOL

The same things I do....;LOL That's why it's going 1100 mile to BG for a Beer..And then 800 miles back..for some more at home.:L

67HEAVEN said:
VNV,

I promise you more than one beer in B-G. ;)

Well then ..I better line up a trailer ride home for my Rat Wagon...;)

You boys bring the beer and I'll bring the bourbon By the end of the evening I'll have you speaking Southern.......or at least we'll all think you are.

65vettish said:
You boys bring the beer and I'll bring the bourbon By the end of the evening I'll have you speaking Southern.......or at least we'll all think you are.

Shouldn't that be, "at least we'll all think y'all are?":D

You guys are very adventuresome. I never go farther afield than a $100 flatbed ride home! Maybe it's Pertronix paranoia....

paul67 said:
You guys are very adventuresome. I never go farther afield than a $100 flatbed ride home! Maybe its's Pertronix paranoia....

Heaven rolled almost 8,000 miles in the last year. Bowling Green, Carlisle, dozens of trips to the cottage, etc.

I built it to drive. ;)

Bob and Paul,

Love to see your cars! Where do you guys hide out?
I'm in Mississauga. Thought I would hook up and show you my new ride,
C6z06, Machine Silver... (replaces the 2004 CE Z).

Let me know.
Bill.

paul67 said:

I know what you mean about the separation. I couldn't stay away that long, I have to keep her in my garage. Every once in a while I have to go out to the garage, pull off the cover and fire her up. My wife calls it my "sound fix."

I also know what you mean about the appeal. When some guy just walks by and says to his wife "That's my dream car" it kind of says it all. Did you ever notice how many auto related businesses use C2 Coupes on their signs and in their print adds and business cards?

Living my dream......................Griz

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom