Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My '73 Is Gettin A New "house"

Looks really nice!

I built this one a short while back. 24x36', two 10x10' doors, 6" solid slab, storage loft, 100mph wind load, 100amp service. No heat/AC or running water yet. Less than $11,000 including permits. Instead of wall board interior, I hung 7/16" OSB painted white primer. Great reflectivity with my lights and enhances structural integrity. I've installed a hoist from the trusses to lift my pickup truck canopy off and leave it suspended high above. Floor is sloped 1" per 10' down toward the doors so I can hose/squeegie out. No drains. I plan on building carports at both ends this fall for other rolling stock. One of the carports may end up being a paint booth some day.

http://www.cnw.com/~hotrod/ShedAll.htm

-Steve

I installed 200 amp service in this one. I've got right at 14k in it, including the 45' long x 18' wide concrete drive. Need to get it wired and lit so I can get my '73 home, and get started on the frame off.

Jerry

My suggestion.. Don't scrimp on lighting. All too often I visit a buddy's shop and can't friggin see. I'm really glad I put the 300 watt twin tube 8' flourescents in. I'm sure there's more energy efficient lights available, but these are bright. And the white walls/doors sure help.

Before I put any tools/stchuff in the shop, I finished the whole interior. Glad I did, else something would have gone unfinished I'll bet.

-Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom