Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Air Cleaner Lid Clock

Eddie 70

Corvette
1970 Convertible LS6 and an 02 EB Z06
I have been wanting to do this for sometime now. Yesterday I finally said to hell with it and drilled the hole in the lid just a little bigger. The lid even has the AC Delco screen print on the back. At least this way I am getting some use out of it. This was the lid that was on my 70 when I bought it. It looks a little worse for the wear on top but the underside looks surprisingly good.

Here is the clock. I think everyone should have one in their garage. When my wife saw it, she wants it for the game room. :smack

AirCleanerClock1.jpg

AirCleanerClock2.jpg

Heres my Z06 Wheel Clock!!:thumb

:D

Img151.jpg

Okay Junkie you have my attention. Now tell me about your clock and she might can have my air cleaner clock. I just happen to have a set of chrome Z wheels in my basement/garage. I see a cord going to the wheel. Is this a full size wheel? Looks pretty good to me. I have been wanting to do something with them for a long time now. Maybe a glass table on a couple of them.

Okay Junkie you have my attention. Now tell me about your clock and she might can have my air cleaner clock. I just happen to have a set of chrome Z wheels in my basement/garage. I see a cord going to the wheel. Is this a full size wheel? Looks pretty good to me. I have been wanting to do something with them for a long time now. Maybe a glass table on a couple of them.
It is about 3 inches of a real Z06 wheel,A real Rotor and 1/3 of a Goodyear EMT tire!As soon as I find my junk Caliper,(I can't remember what Box I put it in!!:boogie) I'll cut in two long ways and glue it and a pad to the Rotor!!:L:L:L

I use damaged wheels,I have a ton of them!!;LOL
This wheel is off my 01 Z06,The rotor is off Ms Schroeder's 99 Frc,the tire is 1 of the front original EMT's from my 03 Z-51 Coupe!!
I went and bought a new wheel cap and put the clock works in it!:thumb
The cord is for the backlighting in the tire!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Img152.jpg

Img161.jpg

I do Hub caps too!!:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Hobby stores have clock sets with different length shafts, as I recall, to make a clock from ''whatever".
Wife got me a fancy deep dished hubcap one, 15" I believe, quite a few years ago. The center is large with black paste on numbers. Roman numerals could also be used. Mine needs a new clock.
Don't do pictures.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom