Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Army Buddy and forum member "gobbler"

catbert

Corvette
Night Race blue C7
I am mourning the loss of Wisconsin native, Army buddy, CAC member "Gobbler," and friend Frank Wilke, who died on November 5th.

We met in basic training at Fort Knox before we went to different OCS assignments. He served in Nam and Germany, and we lost contact for 30 years. After reconnecting several years ago, we have visited and kept in close touch. We had both developed a love for Corvettes over the years, and compared notes about our Stingrays. There is something about the emotion of losing an Army buddy that defies logical explanation.

My heart goes out to Susie, Renee and his family.

"At ease" Major Wilke. You are missed.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. It's always sad to loose an old Army buddy.

Tom

My condolences for your loss, catbert, and to your friend's family.

Thank you for your service, Major Wilke and RIP.

Mac

Really sorry to hear this catbert..
My condolences to his family and to you

-Stefan

I am mourning the loss of Wisconsin native, Army buddy, CAC member "Gobbler," and friend Frank Wilke, who died on November 5th.

We met in basic training at Fort Knox before we went to different OCS assignments. He served in Nam and Germany, and we lost contact for 30 years. After reconnecting several years ago, we have visited and kept in close touch. We had both developed a love for Corvettes over the years, and compared notes about our Stingrays. There is something about the emotion of losing an Army buddy that defies logical explanation.

My heart goes out to Susie, Renee and his family.

"At ease" Major Wilke. You are missed.

Very well said and a nice tribute :pat to a fellow Veteran, I salute him and may he Rest In Peace and Dwell In The House of Our Lord and Savoir Forevermore.

I agree there is a special bond with those that your served with in the military service.

-Bill

I'm sorry for CAC's loss. I was trying to find a pic of him, but could not. God Speed,"Gobler"

I'm sorry for CAC's loss. I was trying to find a pic of him, but could not. God Speed,"Gobler"

Here is Major Frank Wilke. He was nowhere as serious as he looks in the picture.

13267938_1197749423599002_3285068167414924355_n.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom