Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

my blinkers don't blink!

quickjagg

Corvette
White 1981
Any ideas on why? I hope it's just a bad ground somewhere. The hazards work, I dunno if that will help solve the problem or not. When a push the lever down to turn the blinker on the arrow stays solid, and so do the lights. I hope to fix this friday.

Thanks for any help you can give!
-Chris

There are two separate flashers for the turn signals and hazards - the fact that the hazards work tells you that the wiring and bulbs are OK; sounds like just a bad turn signal flasher, assuming the exterior turn signal lamps come on, but just don't flash.

Thanks

Thats what I thought the prob was, but had to check. Is there anyway to be sure that it is the flasher, I don't want to spend any $$ if I don't have to (I know they're only like $2, but still)

Thanks again!
-Chris

re:

Thanks for the help guys, but I just thought of something, I don't know what this thing looks like. Could someone give me a discription of the flasher, or a place I would be able to find it?
THanks again!
-Chris

Mine is a metal cylinder about 2/3's the size of your average prescription pill bottle with a plug going into the end of it. It is mounted on the bottom of the lower right dash panel.

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom