Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My body is back on the frame

the angle does exagerate the dish on the front. It is a little larger because the back rim has a larger back space to tuck the 8" rims under the stock fenders. As with everyone that will attempt to install larger than 7" rims on the rear of their mid-years and use the stock fenders.thanks for noticing

427midyear,

Welcome to the :CAC

We're happy you found us. Please stop by the New Member Introductions area and tell us about you and your car.

:w

Larry:upthumbs . As always you've done an amazing job in such a short period of time and even though we know you can do it you still continue to amaze us with your accomplishments. Your vette is looking fantastic and it will be wonderful to see both you and your car at Carlisle next month. Hope the knees are holding up well as you sure are racking up the hours over the hood! Thanks again for sharing the great pics and showing all of us your progress. Incredible!
Take a sec for a cool one, you certainly deserve it! Cheers :beer

Z28Canuck said:
Larry:upthumbs . As always you've done an amazing job...... Thanks again for sharing the great pics and showing all of us your progress. Incredible!
Take a sec for a cool one, you certainly deserve it! Cheers :beer
AMEN!!!!

I had PS Eng make me 16x8 kidney beans for my 60. Same SRIII chassis. If I remember right they are a 4 1\4 inch backspace. I am using 84 to 87 ft. suspension and you can make the rear what ever track width you want. I could never put late model vette wheels on my car . Cost should not come into play when you are talking about the final look of the car. This cost so much to build why be cheap on one of the most important parts of the car. The wheels. My buddy has a 54 with the same chassis and has the late vette wheels on the car they just don't look right. Now my other buddy with the 57 on the same chassis has torque thrust IIs on his and they look perfect. Looks are everything. You just can't be cheap on looks. Just my 2 cents.Brian G.

Hi Larry. Yes my frame is here. Mike put the bumper brackets on for me. So it's going for powder coat next sat. I'm going to build a dolly for the chassis this weekend so it can be moved around. This way I can build the whole chassis inc the motor on a rolling dolly. Brian G.

vette said:
Hi Larry. Yes my frame is here. Mike put the bumper brackets on for me. So it's going for powder coat next sat. I'm going to build a dolly for the chassis this weekend so it can be moved around. This way I can build the whole chassis inc the motor on a rolling dolly. Brian G.

Brian come up to my house and pick up the body dolly for my body as it will be a good starting point for you frame dolly Drop me a pm and Ill get you my cell phone number. I can bring it to my work real easey to get to from the new york state thruway.I am about 30 minutes from the tappanzee bridge

Brian, what year are you putting on the SRIII frame?????? My memory has left me........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom