Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My broken Bose Gold Sound System CDROM workaround - 1990 C4

AV8R

Corvette
1974, 1990, 2008 Coupes
My Bose Gold Sound System hadnt worked since 2005, so recently I replaced all four of the speaker amplifiers. That did the trick, at least for the radio. What still doesnt work is the CDROM. It keeps spitting out any audio CD I put in it, even those I know I used to play in it. It just spits it out and says ERR. There are guys that will replace the CDROM with a newer generation one for about 100 -200 bucks; but Im not excited about pulling my dash apart. I dont want to break what I can see for something I cant hear.

These days, I use an Apple iPod more than I ever use a cassette or CDROM. I tried a few of the wired and wireless iPod to Radio transmitters. Most of which are cheap and are very sensitive to noise and orientation. Finally, I found a good one. Its called MONSTER and got it for $50 at Target. Its wireless and uses power from the iPod, so no clumsy or bulkly adaptors and wires. It does have a mini to standard USB cable to plug into the lighter plug should the iPod drain out. I programmed FM channel 88.1 on the Monster and radio, and thats it. Gigs of music without any CDROMs. Plus its wireless so my teenager can mess with the tunes while Im driving.

So the good news is that I now have an inexpensive, clear, and elegant workaround - replacement for my non-functional Bose Gold CDROM. Didnt have to pull my dash apart either. If you have a better solution, please post it.

nanovette.jpg

:cool!:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom