Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My code 26 must like me,because it keeps coming back.

rdgfx3

Corvette
2008 Silver Coupe
Yep,I've got a new friend.I call him infl rest.He visits my DIC every day.
According to the diagnostic it is a right front sensor thats located on the frame rail.I have removed the sensor,cleaned the corrosion from the area,applied the dielectric grease as per the instructions,replaced the tooth washers and arrogantly thought I had it whipped.:cool

But,Noooooo.It wants to come back.I used to cancel it and not have a problem for several weeks,then it would pop up.I just pulled the sensor today and cleaned the corrosion for the first time today.I dunno,must be somethin' else.:D

Maybe the connector is nasty.Ahhh.tommorrow is another day:w

hmm,, not sure what u are talking about

code 26 = Quad Driver Module #1 circuit

Check the resistance of the EGR, Canister purge and the AIR pump relay coils all should be greater tan 20 ohms. Replace any solenoid less than 20 ohms

then it says replace ecm,, which most likey isn't it

you got a ohm meter man?

Is this an .....

1) SES light

2) An air bag ( SIR ) error

3) Other....

If it's #1 Replace the Air pump relay.. on top of air pump blower motor...

Pop hood

Drivers side

Look @ the two relays on the side of the radiator shroud.

Look down.... there the blower motor on top of the can..on the side of same can is a 25 amp in line fuse... check that too.

I am assuming that the 90 is like the 93 in that is has an electrical air pump for smog.

If you do not... back to the drawing board for me.

Vig!

rdgfx3,
I've had a similar problem with a Code 16 (left front sensor) on my 90 ZR-1. Cleaned the sensor a number of times, but the code would return after a while.

I found that the problem wasn't the sensor ground, but a high resistance connection where the leads from that sensor plug into the SIR wiring harness.

On the left side sensor, it's a yellow connector clipped behind the carpet just to the left of the clutch pedal on the kick panel. This is the first connector after the sensor leads pass throught the firewall.

All I did was unclip the connector, pull it apart, and spray some "electrical contact cleaner" into both ends. Plugged it back together, cleared the code, and no trouble since (3 years)!

I assume there is a similar connector on the right side sensor after the sensor leads pass thru the firewall!

Hope this helps. :beer

Oops,oh yea.it is the air bag light that comes on and that is where I pull code 26 from.

Ah HAH

So.....

You have cleaned BOTH the sensors where they attach to the frame and cleaned the frame point ( remove a wee bit O paint around the hole)

Right?

Vig!

Yes.

I did the right side a few months back.It was VERY corroded.Sorry I mean LEFT.The right side is the current gremlin.

Filed it down to the shiny frame.:bang

Do em BOTH again

and clean the connector coming thru the firewall ( 3 pin )

Vig!

OK,I will.

One question.The die electric grease they refer to is just a standard die electric grease,right?

Yes it is....

However if you put TOO much on it...it will insulate... just a LIGHT coat will do.

Vig!

Yep.I think I may have been to generous with the grease.
I haven't had time to check it out yet,but today should provide me with some time to look.I did kinda put it on thick.:w

OK.I had time to repair it.
So far no code rerturn for the last 50 miles.:s

The connection at the firewell was questionable along with the corrosion on the frame.After I checked the connection,.:bang I haven't had the code return.

Wave bye,bye to the nice code.
Bye,bye code 26,bye,bye!.:w

ONCE AGAIN

Science, technology & some good ol' elbow grease... triumph over fear & superstition !

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom