Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Exotic Muscle long tubes came today :-)

C4CRAZY787

Corvette
92 Dark Red Coupe
I will reserve final judgement untill after everything is bolted up, but just looking at them in the box... MAN there nice!!

997Lt_Rt_headerlose.JPG

997Lt_headerlose.JPG

997Rt_headerlose.JPG

nice pipes

Are those stainless? My mechanic has suggested that I get long headers and do away with the catalytic converter since Pennsylvania emmisions law now permits it if the car is old (or did he mean the owner) and if the car will not be driven over 5000 miles a year. I was just about to ask for some opinions on the best ones to buy. What made you choose Exotic-is that the brand? The only ones I ever heard of was Hookers. My mechanic says my mufflers aren't too bad and he will run them into the old mufflers. He said it will give the car more power but won't change the sound much untill I upgrade the mufflers. I like the idea since my pipes look real bad.

caninelver said:
Are those stainless?

No, but there CERAMIC COATED INSIDE and OUT by High Performance Coatings.
These headers are designed by EM www.exoticmuscle.com the manufacturing is contracted out then sent to HPC for coating.
There was a Group Purchase on CF for the EM's at 641$ that was a 100$ discount.
No cat's and I will be running through the stock cat-back system for now.

If you buy headers and have them coated, go through Jet Hot or HPC, I've not heard any thing bad about them. :w

LOOKING GOOD. Have fun with the install. Keep us up on the install curve.
thankyou
tony

Sharp looking

Is that an O2 bung near the collector? Nice of them to add that. I noticed there are two .... What gives?

:pat
:CAC

Hrtbeat1 said:
Is that an O2 bung near the collector? Nice of them to add that. I noticed there are two .... What gives?
Yes, the collectors have O2 bungs. The other bung/fitting welded on up by the head flange, that's for the Air Injection system on my 92.. The fittings are just welded on, I have to drill the holes in the header tube if I want to retain the AIR system.

:pat

Sounds great :beer Hey, where are you guy seeing pic's of these? I got nothin' :confused

Moonunit 451 said:
Sounds great :beer Hey, where are you guy seeing pic's of these? I got nothin' :confused

The site that is hosting my pic's www.digitalcorvettes.com went down about 8pm on 2-11, hopefully it will be back up soon. :w

EDIT: Its back up :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom