Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My First Trophy

jester

Corvette
1988 35th Anniversary Edition
Mine is definately a not a show car but I was pleased to get a third place in the "Wash and Show" class at a Corvette show on Sunday. My excuse for paying to enter is to get a good parking spot. I never expected to win anything.

Congrats and thanks for cracking me up with your last sentences. :w

That is too funny well done. I will be laughing about this one all day. :L

Too Cool! Was this your first show?

Rain

Good job. A couple of years ago I went to a car show and found out that my 92 was one year too young to be entered in the Corvette class. Since I was there and the car was all cleaned up I entered the sports car class. A Delorean a couple of 240Z cars and me. Ended up taking the first place trophy. Sometimes the best things happen when you don't care as much.

jester said:
Mine is definately a not a show car but I was pleased to get a third place in the "Wash and Show" class at a Corvette show on Sunday. My excuse for paying to enter is to get a good parking spot. I never expected to win anything.
First time I took my vette to a show was quite by accident. At the time I also had a classic 64 Plymouth Fury, 440 motor, cragar wheels, big cam, which I took to shows around the area.

Wife drove the vette, I drove the Fury. That way we could get up and see the sights instead of being held hostage at the show all day in the hot sun. One time, I noticed there were quite a few C4's at one show we went to, so I got the bright idea of entering the vette also, (just for the helluvit).

Came 3PM, time for trophys to be passed out. Came up to 61 to 64 Mopars and no call for my Fury at all. As we were walking back to our seats, I heard over the loudspeaker, "and for 2 seater sports cars, 1st place to the white '96 Corvette coupe".

Well, I'll be dipped! The "show car" got nothing. The daily driver got 1st place.

I can feel your enthusiam. It was a pleasant surprise for me as well. Congratulations!

Damn it Jester, I thought this was going to be a kill story. You know, how you beat a Z06, Viper or 911.
Anyway, congrats on the win.
Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom