Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My high school 57 vette update #5 still ongoing chasing a ghost

RIBBIT MAN

Corvette
C6,2010,6.2,COUPE,MACHINE SILVER
First of all good afternoon CAC and Merry Christmas.I almost was not going to post this Thread,so many members have been following this ghost chase,I felt you all deserve to know where I am at.First of all Micro Film Search came back negative,like my dad,where we lived for 19 yrs and the car basically never existed.No need to keep going there,Sebringbill told me it was doughtfull,he was wright.Secondly, the place of purchase has been narrowed down,Corvette Village in Overland Park,KS, owned by Ray Boyles, he and his wife have spent many hours going through old records to see if indeed the car did or didn't go through his business.Well that call came Friday from Ray,my car did not show up,it definitely with out a dought was purchased at Motor City Motors.Which has been closed for 20 yrs all the owners have passed away with the son 6 months ago.Now what is the old saying,if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any.Ray told me to come by next week,I will be there for XMAS with family.Mr Boyles has Corvette running through his veins,for 50 yrs he has worked on Vetts and wants to help me any way he can.Look forward to shaking this mans hand.There you have it,it is what it is.Am I giving up,what do you think.NO

Thank you for the update. I had a feeling that no news wasn't necessarily good news in this case.

Have you thought about family friends who might have pictures of the car?

Mac

So sorry that the two leads came up empty. Don't give up, something might come around.

My High School 57 Vette update #5

So sorry that the two leads came up empty. Don't give up, something might come around.

Thanks Toms01,Not to worry,to much invested to give up now,and yes,something probably will drop in my lap.My meeting with Ray Boyles might shed a little plan of attack I haven't even thought of.Have a great XMAS.JD

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom