Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My intake

ZumZum

Corvette
1988 Dark Red Coupe
I recently purchased an Accel lower and some SLP runners.
I picked them up from the powder coaters yesterday.

Now I need to pick out some valve covers.

100_0533.jpg

100_0532.jpg

They look really sharp! Are they more silver or more gray in color?

Was the powder coater close by to you? Or did you have to drive a distance?

WHILE YOU ARE REASSEMBLING YOUR VETTE, DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE THE :w WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED (PUN INTENDED!) !!!

They're more silver than they are gray. The powder coater is located in right in the city where I work. So it was easy drop off and pick up the parts.

Intake installed with Ford SVO 24# injectors and GM Pro-Form valve covers.
Next up: Headers, shift kit and a 2400 stall converter.

motor004.jpg

Looks good! How much increase does the setup expect? Should be substantial, since flow limitations on L98 are intake (intake manifold design, specifically), not exhaust...

Looks good! How much increase does the setup expect? Should be substantial, since flow limitations on L98 are intake (intake manifold design, specifically), not exhaust...

I'm not really for sure what to expect, although I think the largest gains will be in the 4500 to 5500 rpm range.

As a side note, I believe the factory exhaust is very restrictive on an L98. There's a lot to be gained at that end.

just curious, can you tell me what the powder coating service charged to coat those intake components?

just curious, can you tell me what the powder coating service charged to coat those intake components?

I believe about $170. For media blasting, masking off the gasket surfaces, plugging the holes, powder coat and clear coat.

I thought it was a bargain.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom