Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My new FREE garage door opener mod...

crooze

Corvette
2000 Pewter
After I pulled out my ashtray and popped my garage door opener in it's place I noticed the door has some play in it. When it's closed you can push it in a little further. So I glued a little extender to the remote and presto! I don't have to open the door anymore.. I just gently press in on it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Very MacGyverish! Cool little mod! I'm going to try that, thanks!
Glen

Seek Help!;LOL

74bigblock said:
Seek Help!;LOL

Now, now... just because he didn't use duct tape is no reason to be mean.

-Patrick

74bigblock said:
Seek Help!;LOL
That's not the first time I've been told that! :W

What did you use as your "extender"? I have a little wooden handle from a foam paintbrush (a small one) that I cut to use. I was just going to paint it black and superglue it on! I was so sick of having the garage door opener on the visor or having to get into the armrest to get it out. Great idea again!

Bounty Hunter 6 said:
What did you use as your "extender"? I have a little wooden handle from a foam paintbrush (a small one) that I cut to use. I was just going to paint it black and superglue it on! I was so sick of having the garage door opener on the visor or having to get into the armrest to get it out. Great idea again!

I used a wire splice connector for the base and a small piece of rubber tubing to make it the length I needed.

Pretty nice. I like that kind of stuff. If I had a garage door opener, I'd do the same mod. Keep up the good work :upthumbs

Nevets2004 said:
Pretty nice. I like that kind of stuff. If I had a garage door opener, I'd do the same mod. Keep up the good work :upthumbs

Thanks... I'm always coming up with goofy stuff like that. If I could only make a living at it like Ron Popeil.

As weird as it may sound, I actually like infomercials and Ron Popeil (Ronco) has some of my favorites. I especially like "Just set it and forget it!" But seriously, you may hit something that sells big someday. And please keep your prices low, poor S.O.B's like myself need a break for our Vette stuff.

Hi crooze -

Nicely done!

I had seen one fellow who wired his into the cig lighter, and put the opener unit inside the console.

If my opener fit in the ashtray, I would certainly do your idea -

Thanks for the pic and idea!

best regards -

mqqn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom