Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My new performance chip...

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Hey all,

Just wanted to give everyone out there a heads up on Jeff, one of the Moderators, who custom burned a chip for me.

After I put the chip in, I started backing out of the driveway and noticed an immediate reduction in throttle response time! After that, I got a big grin on my face like this :D

I'm highly recommending Jeff to anyone out there looking for a chip with much higher capabilities than the stock one. And it costs less than the other guys who just burn a chip for you to turn the fans on earlier.

And last, but not least; Jeff is a very easy guy to deal with and we had constant communication and very fast turnaround!

Edmond, I am glad you are satisfied with the PROM..

Jeff who ? :D

I have been good friends with Jeff for quite a few years now, he's a great guy and knows what he's doing when it comes to the C4. If you're not happy with anything he does he will always make good on it.

I'd think about loading the trailer and heading for Jeff's place right now, but I'm definitely not going to Illinois in wintertime. :L

_ken :w

Ken said:
I'd think about loading the trailer and heading for Jeff's place right now, but I'm definitely not going to Illinois in wintertime. :L

_ken :w

You're a smart man Ken!:L Anyone who leaves CA for IL in the wintertime should be declared insane!:t

Another thing I forgot to mention was how helpful Jeff was. I needed more help than the average Corvette guy because of my limited knowledge and total inexperience with the computer part of any car!

And he also taught me how to pull codes as well. I can't even begin to imagine how much money and time that will save me.

Preburned chips like hypertech or jet are fine as long as the engine is dancing around the idea of stock. However custom proms have to be made if you start changing things like heads or displacement etc..

Basicly ones custom made to YOUR car and the other is made for all cars in general.

Im ordering one off Jeff as well along with a custom built 89 ECM (Sorry Jeff I haven't forgotten about you) In the next month.

nyernga said:
ok, now I'M curious. I have the hypertech chip (sans lower t'stat) what is it that makes Jeff's EPROM different and/or better? I may also be interested in one?

Len:upthumbs

Pretty much what BigRed says. Those Hypertechs are pretty "general" in their programming. And Jeff costs less than Hypertechs as well.

I remember reading into the Hypertech and it said that it wouldn't really take effect until WOT while Jeff's kicks in before WOT.

Len,

I hear ya. But if you still had a stock chip in there, I would go with Jeff instead of Hypertech. You get more for less. What more could you want out of life? LOL.

Jeff do you need our chip? or do you send us a chip? just curious thanks!

Mad-Mic said:
Jeff do you need our chip? or do you send us a chip? just curious thanks!

Nope I don't need your Chip.. Just a list of mods. Rear Gear and your Trans (auto or manual (4+3or 6spd)). I send a new chip (this way your car is not down) . If the car is still stock I will still make the throttle response better and make a few other tweaks

I will also change the fan temp of the ECM controlled fans to what ever you would like.

-=Jeff=- said:
If the car is still stock I will still make the throttle response better and make a few other tweaks. I will also change the fan temp of the ECM controlled fans to what ever you would like.

thats what i'm interested in. i will be adding chambered exhaust 52 mm throtle body screen removal and throttle bypass k&n filter with open air box for mods in the near future. atleast this is my winter project for the vette.

do you do chips for other GM cars? i also got an 82 Z/28 with crossfire fuel injection. last question whats the prices? you can pm me if you like.

thanks!

Jeff, I can't remember if I talked to you about doing one of these chips before or not... how much are they again?
[RICHR]

I would be interested as well. What is it you need? I can't find the codes in the usual locations (center console or rear compartment). All I have is the VIN number. Is there another location I can look in?

Thanks

elkabong said:
I would be interested as well. What is it you need? I can't find the codes in the usual locations (center console or rear compartment). All I have is the VIN number. Is there another location I can look in?

Thanks

I need to know the Mods (if any), Trans and rear gear..

Email me at vettxtc@attbi.com for more info

I ordered a chip from Jeff...I pick up my Corvette in 3 weeks and will be glad to offer some feedback. I went from a stock L98 to a 383 with a Lingenfelter SuperRam Intake,Plenum and Cam. Also changed rearend gear to a 3:73. I put C5 brakes on the front because it should run like a raped ape....lol...

Jeff, If that ECM is complete I'll have you send it up within the next two weeks. (Call it my birthday present!)

As far as the PROM go's Can I List off the Mods I WILL have done by next spring and have you construct one for me?

Thank Bro

What kind of horse power gains or 1/4 mile performance gains if any would you see on one of your burned chips on a stock 1992 LT1 automatic?

Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom