Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My ressurection

78Ragtop

Corvette
1978 custom
Hi folks, it's been a while since I was last here. I am finally ressurecting my Corvette after far too much time sitting dormant.

vette.jpg

My neighbor's kid put a baseball into the windshield last summer but that's OK with me. The car was a rollover when I bought it and the windshield frame never really got aligned properly so now's my big chance. Does anyone know if there's any specs on the windshield or should I just try to align it to the side windows and top?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I am not sure of any specs for the windshield. The windows have a lot of adjustment but, don't neglect the convertible top alignment for extra adjustments. I would use both as a guide. When we converted my 77 into a convertible, I ran out of window adjustment and had to resort to adjusting the top behhind the seats. Baby steps and they line up.

This may not be much help, but the assembly instruction manual (AIM) has several pages of metal checking diagrams for the birdcage, including the windshield posts and header. The problem is looking at the diagrams and figuring out exactly what they mean.

:thumb

Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose this AIM has been scanned in anywhere by chance? Thinking maybe I can get it close with the manual and fine-tune as Frank describes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom