Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mysterious Fuel Leak

Kevins716

Corvette
1980 White Coupe
My 80 is leaking fuel in the vicinity of the passenger side exhaust. I'm going nuts because I can't seem to find the source of the leak.

What I've done so far: checked the fuel sending unit, dropped and checked the tank (couldn't save the build sheet
banghead.gif
), checked the steel fuel lines on the rail on the passenger side, checked the rubber hoses coming off the steel fuel lines.

The tank and steel lines looked much better than expected - hardly any rust at all. I did notice that the clamps holding the rubber hoses were pretty rusty. I couldn't detect any cracks or breaks in the rubber hoses.

Any suggestions ????

Are you sure the gas isn't coming from around the fuel pump? If you are driving and the pump's hose connections are leaking (under pressure), the gas is blown back towards the passenger compartment and will drip there. Just a suggestion.

Jim

Are you sure the gas isn't coming from around the fuel pump? If you are driving and the pump's hose connections are leaking (under pressure), the gas is blown back towards the passenger compartment and will drip there. Just a suggestion.

Jim
I agree. Check that out. I saw the same thing with a friends 69 camaro. Turned out the diaphragm in the pump died but the hoses coming in were cracked too.

Thanks for the sugggestions. I think I found the source of the problem. I replaced the hoses running between the steel fuel lines and the sendning unit. For now, the leaking has stopped.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom