Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mysterious Relay

matthud

Corvette
1969 LeMans Blue Coupe
I have a early 69 Big Block 4 speed, there is a relay on the firewall just to the left of the wiper motor. It seems to have 4 terminals and an external fuse. What is this relay for? I have the assembly manual for my car, but it doesnt seem to be in there. I know its not the horn relay, that is up in the left fender. What is this relay and what connections should be made to it?

Maybe the high-speed blower relay?

Any chance you could post a pic?? That might help out!

Good luck.

I will try to get a pic up tomorrow when the sun comes back out.

Power window relay? Chuck

Here is a picture of the relay and its location.

I dont have power windows.

With those terminals, it looks like they have been replaced at some point and possibly not a factory part. Part of an old alarm system or even the factory alarm?? Have you tried to follow any of the wires to components? Checked for voltage on the terminals with the ignition on or off?

If it was factory, I would assume that at least one or two wires would have color stripes to identify them. All black looks like aftermarket.

Well, it turned out that this realy was in series with the windshield wiper motor, keeping it from running. Since the load terminal was not connected to anything I just removed it, I think maybe some one tried to switch something, maybe headlights, with this relay, and did it the worse way possible.

I think what you're looking at is the TCS relay. Thats Transmission Control System. It's connected to a switch on the gearbox just in front of the back up light switch. I believe it was an emissions feature only found on the 4 spd.

Check to see if it's connected to the tranny.

John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom